Home

there's 120+ team's... only 4-5 are used online

This is a discussion on there's 120+ team's... only 4-5 are used online within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: there's 120+ team's... only 4-5 are used online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels2386
Why do people only use 4-5 teams?

#1 They are scared of losing
#2 Have no confidence in their stick skills

I dont buy " Oh there my favorite team" BS!

Ive been a Philly Eagles fan since I was 5yrs old and when Madden12 came out and they were like 97OVR, I didnt use them BECAUSE they were the best/2nd best team on the game....rating wise. Same type of scared lil twatts on Madden. Packers, Niners, Ravens, and Giants are chosen 85% of the time. I forgot which Madden it was, but I think the rankings used to be set-up to where you get more points if you use a lesser team. Needs to go back to that. Peoples pathetic shenanigans make any game on any console not fun #Ignorance .. thats my .02
Well in people's defense, including my own, it's not BS for folks to like to use their favorite team. For myself, as a Buckeyes fan I usually use them but ONLY because not only are they my favorite but the other guys usually using a top 25 team.

I'd LOVE to use lesser teams like the mid-majors but I'm not going to handicap myself by doing so just to give my opponent some variety in play or for some noble reason of refusing to use a top tier team because it's "BS". In fact, I like using mid-major teams so much that for years I ran a dynasty based on C-rated teams.

And when I play my buddies we typically run scenarios of Army-Navy, San Jose State-Duke, etc etc simply because it's a nice change of pace and those games, with their incompetent teams, can be often far more fun than the teams that are so good.

So I'm defending folks who truly do use their favorite team or a top tier team because...once again...there is no incentive for them not to.... Pride or ego may work well for you but for the majority of folks we like to be evenly matched and if the other guys taking USC then I ain't taking Army..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #34
Rookie

KillerNuts's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenKing94
This is already get old. I have been playing 2 days and its just the same thing every game. Alabama, FSU, LSU, Oregon. Frontrunners are the worst thing on the planet. So far I've used GT army boise state mississippi state notre dame etc. What's even the point of including 120 schools?
I've played as and against more teams than that.
www.traditionsportsonline.com
Old 07-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #35
Rookie

Bucnutts's Arena

OVR: 2

I dislike the perception of online games when I pick Ohio State. Who has been my favorite team and I enjoy playing with them.

Seems like the misconception with Ohio State is "man he is gonna just scramble around with Braxton Miller (or Pryor in past years)" When actually I play legit and usually only use designed runs and stay in the pocket most plays.

It is the same with other teams with scramblers, like D-Rob and Michigan and others.

I start out playing with the Bucks in my first 10 or so online games, then start using other teams. I rolled with Maryland two years ago and it was fun. They were a B team and I had some really good games online.

Ohio State Buckeyes
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Cleveland Indians
OKC Thunder

PSN- BucNutts

RTTSB- Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2;1-1)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #36
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
It's been this way since NCAA 2004, nothing new here. Plenty of good advice handed out though.
They used to reward you for using lesser teams. For example if you used San Jose St. and beat USC at home, you would get the most possible points depending on the skill level of your opponent. This would entice people to try and play with lesser teams. They also used to have challenges for playing with every top 25 team and eventually winning with each I believe. They could make a couple trophies to try and get people to use them. I like the matchup idea based off of grades but if their is no incentive to use bad teams, no one is going to do it. They can also have matchup of the weeks for different conferences and such.

EA should really make an effort to try and convince people to try and use some variety in their selection. And the only way you can do that is to reward people. NHL I know does it for a fact. They give (or take away) a mathcup bonus depending on the team you use. The NCAA team needs to think outside the box a little bit. You have 123 teams (should be 124) in the game. Try and convince players to use them.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #37
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

Quote:
Well in people's defense, including my own, it's not BS for folks to like to use their favorite team. For myself, as a Buckeyes fan I usually use them but ONLY because not only are they my favorite but the other guys usually using a top 25 team.
Well I play heavily in Madden and NCAA and Ive seen numerous times people trying to defend there self by saying "Uh Uh this is my favorite team" Yet they dont even know 3 players off of it. Are there fans of teams who exclusively use them? Absolutely, but when its Everybodys excuse that Ive confronted, I call BS.

You wanna know why they use them.... Because it minimizes the mistakes that they cant control. Ive seen it countless times in Madden. Get the Packers, 1 in every 3 strip attempts results in a fumble. Or I love it when the defender is trailing you, but somehow you get hit stick'd. Not all, but I would say I higher percentage than you think or will admit to play scared.

You wanna know how I know (lol) .... Take Madden12 team play for instance. We like using different teams just to change the scenery if nothing else. So we will be on the Bills, Broncos, Cheifs, Titans, Seahawks etc and what do the opponents do.... Go straight for 1 of the top 5 teams on the game. Thats absolutely sad and pathetic. I bet these are the same kids who camp in CoD series ... but anyways back to topic. Why would you feel the need to run with a top tier team if you see before hand that your opponent(s) using a nonchalant team? Doesnt make sense... fan or no fan thats playing scared...no 2 ways about it.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucnutts
I dislike the perception of online games when I pick Ohio State. Who has been my favorite team and I enjoy playing with them.

Seems like the misconception with Ohio State is "man he is gonna just scramble around with Braxton Miller (or Pryor in past years)" When actually I play legit and usually only use designed runs and stay in the pocket most plays.

It is the same with other teams with scramblers, like D-Rob and Michigan and others.

I start out playing with the Bucks in my first 10 or so online games, then start using other teams. I rolled with Maryland two years ago and it was fun. They were a B team and I had some really good games online.
This is same dilemma I face as a lifelong Alabama fan. I've used Bama online since NCAA 2004 and from 04 to roughly 08, no one complained or dodged the matchup whenever I chose Alabama. Since Bama has returned to national dominance in recent years and I choose to roll with them, I get the occasional "U must be a scrub and need a powerhouse to win" message...lol

I just ignore it and laugh.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #39
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels2386
Why would you feel the need to run with a top tier team if you see before hand that your opponent(s) using a nonchalant team? Doesnt make sense... fan or no fan thats playing scared...no 2 ways about it.
Hey man we do not take football nonchalant over here in west point.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #40
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

Quote:
Hey man we do not take football nonchalant over here in west point
If you use Army I commend you for it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »