Home

Gamespot NCAA 13 Review (Harsh)

This is a discussion on Gamespot NCAA 13 Review (Harsh) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #33
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Gamespot NCAA 13 Review (Harsh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Of course they're having fun. It's college football and the game is brand new, out of the wrapper... What happens in a month or so when the little bugs, jerky player movements, and stale dynasty become more apparent?

That's why PS2/Xbox versions (and I hate going back to this) are still superior. You can, to this day, pop it in and play it for weeks. It's that solid of a product.

Just wish that one year... just one year this game would take the monumental stride it really needs. Don't see it happening anytime soon though, maybe with next gen.
I guess I should leave this up to someone who actually purchased the game. I'm trying to defend someone's reason for buying something that I haven't played myself.

However the game plays, whether you or I think it's broke or unrealistic, we will never be able to tell someone else how much fun they're having or not.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 07-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #34
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I guess I should leave this up to someone who actually purchased the game. I'm trying to defend someone's reason for buying something that I haven't played myself.

However the games plays, whether you or I think it's broke or unrealistic, we will never be able to tell someone else how much fun they're having or not.
I agree with that. If people have "fun" with it, then that's great.

I don't think the game sucks but it's really more of the same thing with slight improvements. I quickly got bored last year so I don't see how this year's version would keep my interest.

I played a lot of the game with EA's season ticket. If a patch comes out that addresses my concerns I may give it another look but as of now its not really worth a purchase to me.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #35
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I played a lot of the game with EA's season ticket. If a patch comes out that addresses my concerns I may give it another look but as of now its not really worth a purchase to me.
I feel the same way. It was tough not running out buying it like usual....but I'm good now.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #36
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysgtam
I don't think gamespot is getting an advance copy next year lol
Or any money from being paid off for a positive review. Looks like Game Informer got the payday this year as they are on the NCAA web page listing it as their game of the month. I expected IGN myself, but I have to give them credit for standing up this year along with Gamespot as they did point out some negatives for a change. Until we get more of this where EA cannot use these sites as their PR for credibility, we will finally see a change in the development of this game much like Madden has seen lately.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #37
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I agree with that. If people have "fun" with it, then that's great.

I don't think the game sucks but it's really more of the same thing with slight improvements. I quickly got bored last year so I don't see how this year's version would keep my interest.

yea no one can tell someone to enjoy or have fun with the game. If someone enjoys the game that's great for them. Like you my problem is that last year the game got stale quick. So when this year's game feels a lot like last years game with a few upgrades, the concern of the game getting old once again set in.

I can find ways to have fun with the game. I can overlook a lot once i get named rosters and get into my dynasty. But i can already tell like last year that i'll get bored fast.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #38
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

This maybe the first year I actually skip over buying NCAA Football, mostly for financial reasons at this current time above anything else but I haven't heard many positive things about this game, they are all about average views to below average. I'll probably be holding off on this game until after a patch drops and then maybe I'll buy it but as it stands right now my wallet is sealed.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:43 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
yea no one can tell someone to enjoy or have fun with the game. If someone enjoys the game that's great for them. Like you my problem is that last year the game got stale quick. So when this year's game feels a lot like last years game with a few upgrades, the concern of the game getting old once again set in.

I can find ways to have fun with the game. I can overlook a lot once i get named rosters and get into my dynasty. But i can already tell like last year that i'll get bored fast.
Exactly. The problems that most critics have isn't that NCAA games can't be fun or that they are unplayable, it's about what "new" content we're getting for our money. Just because NCAA 13 might be fun for a while doesn't mean its worth $50-60.

Everyone has a different opinion on what is worth a certain amount of money. To some people a few small changes might be worth $60, but to others the content doesn't justify the price.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #40
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Great Review

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »