Home

Four Verticals Does it need to go?

This is a discussion on Four Verticals Does it need to go? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #9
Rookie

xcanadaman9x's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Four Verticals Does it need to go?

Ask Mike Leach if Four Verts (or 6 as he likes to call it) is here to stay. It's one of the staples of the Air Raid offense. Yea guys get open easy, but just because it is a little over powered doesn't mean it needs to be removed.
NFL:Houston Texans
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
NHL:Buffalo Sabres
Old 07-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #10

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
Do you see any other play that gets open as often as four verts? Im confused what this guy is talkin about.
The point of my post was questioning why he was mad that EA finally removed something we've been asking them to remove for years.

His only argument for not removing it was it helped to mask poor downfield coverage. It made no sense to me.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #11
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

It seems like this is something they could patch....

If so, I may pick the game up.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The point of my post was questioning why he was mad that EA finally removed something we've been asking them to remove for years.

His only argument for not removing it was it helped to mask poor downfield coverage. It made no sense to me.
Your right man actually its not the play its the defense that cant handle it. But I am kind of at a point where its like it is what it is and this engine and its what we have to deal with so should we just remove the play? I have lowered my standards of competitive gaming quite a bit for EA because they hold the rights to one of my favorite sports. While I want to just come online and bash them it is pointless so lets just try to use what we have to get some competitive football if its possible. Ya know?
Old 07-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like the play. It's not always open. I don't think it's open more than other plays I run. It's a good play against Cover 2. You can hit the guy one the sideline against the Cover 2.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #14

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
Your right man actually its not the play its the defense that cant handle it. But I am kind of at a point where its like it is what it is and this engine and its what we have to deal with so should we just remove the play? I have lowered my standards of competitive gaming quite a bit for EA because they hold the rights to one of my favorite sports. While I want to just come online and bash them it is pointless so lets just try to use what we have to get some competitive football if its possible. Ya know?
I do, I don't think the play should be removed at all.

I would like to see defenses that can handle it.

It's one thing if I find success with it on a second and short but when I can convert third and longs with it 50% of the time that it's a problem.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCats
I like the play. It's not always open. I don't think it's open more than other plays I run. It's a good play against Cover 2. You can hit the guy one the sideline against the Cover 2.
thanks for the detailed reply man. This is what I am looking for are you saying that the defense handles this as well as every other offensive playcall? I still disagree but I am open to discussion as to it being open as much as other playcalls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I do, I don't think the play should be removed at all.

I would like to see defenses that can handle it.

It's one thing if I find success with it on a second and short but when I can convert third and longs with it 50% of the time that it's a problem.
Yeah I agree with you man but as far as EA were not gonna fix this trust me its been brought before their eyes do you think for our competitive games it should be eliminated is what im saying?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »