Home

Four Verticals Does it need to go?

This is a discussion on Four Verticals Does it need to go? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #17
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Four Verticals Does it need to go?

I dare anyone to run Four Verticals against me in an online game. I will destroy you. The play doesn't have special powers people, it is an easy read for the offense but an equally easy read for the defense. Match personnel, run man with zone over the top and run with the crosser. If the QB is a run threat, spy an end.

Stop trying to ruin the few offensive plays that are actually designed correctly just to compensate for horrible AI defense programming. Hold EA to a higher standard on both sides of the ball and until then, compensate with some common sense.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yep, Cover 1 man will stop that play unless your outside CBs get burned.. and in that case you can try a quarters cover 3 man
Old 07-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

umm four verts is even hard to stop in real life. Taking it out would be dumb
Old 07-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
I am specifically talking about the four vertical play where the slot reciever or tight end gets wide open cutting across the field 40-50 percent of the time. The four verts going deep is a toss up as it should be, but the ones where the slot and tight end run a diagonal pattern is still money way too often. Do you think it needs to be taken out of the playbook manually? I know we have the option not to select the play but I hate doing that I like playing to win with what I have. I dont personnally think this engine can handle that play and I think EA has tried to come up with a way for the defense to handle it but they just cant. Thoughts fellas?
Four Verts is not a Hail Mary deep toss up. It's a horizontal stretch read inside/out and designed to hit between 12-22 yards.

Man Under and Man Free will destroy Four Verts. Quarters will handle it relatively well.

If you use Cover 3, you HAVE to control the FS.

If you're in any Cover 2 zone, expect to get burned, as you should. The play is designed to attack 2 and 3 deep coverages (as most passing concepts are).

We just had a thread about this yesterday. Four Verts is here to stay, you guys. Adjust your "schemes" - run more Man and Quarters, abandon Cover 2 and 3 on obvious passing downs.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-coverage.html
Old 07-11-2012, 02:30 AM   #21
Rookie

I should note that when I say Quarters I mean Cover 4 and not the 7 DB formation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

Guys I didnt start this thread to talk about how to defend four verticals. I was talkin about the cpu defense on heisman not being able to cover it. That is why i bring up this topic does it need to come out of our playbooks.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #23
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcern23
Guys I didnt start this thread to talk about how to defend four verticals. I was talkin about the cpu defense on heisman not being able to cover it. That is why i bring up this topic does it need to come out of our playbooks.
You must be really good, because the CPU on Heisman can stop the 4 verts on me. Not everytime, but I have thrown a pick or two throwing the 4 verts a couple of times due to not having anyone open because the CPU was in man 2

Old 07-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 8

No i am nothing special and i have thrown a pick as well but i still think this play is converting 40-50 percent of the time which is very unrealistic especially if it is called consecutively ya know?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »