Home

The Coaching Carousel Needs Significant Improvements

This is a discussion on The Coaching Carousel Needs Significant Improvements within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Coaching Carousel Needs Significant Improvements

The game only creates coaches when there aren't any 'real' ones left. That's why the fired coaches and coordinators appear to sometimes get better jobs.

When I simmed to the 2017 season, I noticed that every season there were only 10 A rated head coaches and half of the head coaches were D rated.

And it seems head coaches with contracts don't get offered other head coaching jobs.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #34
OS Supporter

BOSKY!'s Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhouser
The game only creates coaches when there aren't any 'real' ones left. That's why the fired coaches and coordinators appear to sometimes get better jobs.

When I simmed to the 2017 season, I noticed that every season there were only 10 A rated head coaches and half of the head coaches were D rated.

And it seems head coaches with contracts don't get offered other head coaching jobs.
That makes it so not fun when taking the head coaching job at Utah means I'll never get another head coaching offer from anyone, even if I pull an Urban Meyer and get to a BCS game. Those big schools will higher a D+ rated coordinator instead of me, which is unrealistic.

Hmmm. I won't give up on the game, just shelve it as RTG is broken to with Coach Trust.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #35
OS Supporter

BOSKY!'s Arena

OVR: 7

I'm gonna run a test to see if I ever get a HC job. I'm going to "cheat" with one. By cheating, I mean I'm going to go undefeated every year to see what happens. If I still can't get another offer after 3-4 years, it's broken IMO. I'll post back.

Just got a HC job at Utah State. Let's see what happens when I go undefeated in first season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

I really hoped they would of improved the logic. Not only did they not add extra features to CC, they made it worst.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:50 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 4

oh wow
nick saban is 47-6
and his prestige is D+, this is after winning a NC 2 years ago , and losing one this past season

bob stoops got fired after an 11-3 season

considering progression depends on prestige this is B-A-D

Doc Holliday who is now Ark St coach is a B+ prestige
Old 07-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #38
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridastatefan02
I really hoped they would of improved the logic. Not only did they not add extra features to CC, they made it worst.
Through my many simulations I am starting to see this may be the case. Though I will note I may have changed the course of it by going through and lower a lot of coaches' prestige ratings before I started the dynasty to see how it would affect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
oh wow
nick saban is 47-6
and his prestige is D+, this is after winning a NC 2 years ago , and losing one this past season

Yeah, things are pretty messed up. I started off as an OC for Bama so I could just sim and ideally not get fired. After two years I got offered the Colorado HC job (which seemed pretty realistic) but I was A prestige. After two simulated seasons I am 12-13 but still A prestige. The system is pretty messed up. Back to the rental company it goes!!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
oh wow
nick saban is 47-6

Wow I'm so glad I didn't buy this year. Dynasty is all I play and a screwed up C.C. ruins the whole thing for me like last year. If they improve I might purchase later but I doubt they will. I'm proud of myself for holding out this year. More people should if they are unhappy with the product.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:46 AM   #40
Rookie

Agreed. The dynasty is total trash this year. I like to make it as real, and difficult (without being utterly impossible) as possible when I play, so, I tweak the sliders and test it out a bit before I finally get to the point where each game is tough enough so that it's not a given.

I started a dynasty with Texas A&M, since they have a new coach and a new conference. Now, this is my record over a three year period:

2012: 9-4 - 5-3 - Cotton Bow Loss to Texas (very narrow defeat)
2013: 11-3 - 7-2 (SEC Champs) - Sugar Bowl Loss to Wisconsin - 16 &14
2014: 10-3 - 8-1 (SEC Champs) - Sugar Bowl Loss to Miami - 6 & 7

I went 30-10 over a three-year period, won two SEC titles, made two BCS bowl games, finished ranked in back-to-back seasons, went 3-0 against Arkansas and was fired!

Totally unrealistic. Now, for some reason I forgot to schedule a 12th game in '14, and I know my bowl record was abysmal (0-3), but c'mon! No way would A&M fire a head coach for going 9-4, 11-3 and 10-3. It just isn't going to happen - especially after winning two SEC titles.

Anyway, I went and became Virginia's OC for a few years, did surprisingly well (three 12-win seasons, and a 13-1 season my final year there), and then took the job with North Carolina State.

The Wolfpack were awful when I took 'em over. They were a C+ team and coming off a losing season.

I went 6-7 in my first year, losing to Nevada in the Independence Bowl and then 9-4 in my second, beating Arkansas in the Music City Bowl.

They fired me.

If this is how it's going to be, why even bother with Dynasty Mode? I'm not the type of player who likes to go undefeated every season, I like it to be realistic. Well, realistic gets you fired.

Unless I'm missing something here (my coaching prestige was only a C-), but I don't get why I'm being fired after only brief seasons and pretty decent seasons. The old system, before the pesky Coaching Carousel came about, was infinitely better. If I was fired, it was because I deserved it and not because the computer has some god-awful ridiculous expectations.

What's worse? The guy who replaced me trailed off considerably and was brought back for a fourth year after going 8-5!

BS.

I should note that I didn't play every game. Some were simulated (boring games that I really had no interest in playing), which helped speed along the dynasty mode. Still, while a couple of my simulated games were losses, the overall point stands: my record, both times, was good enough to be brought back.

Last edited by SLCer; 07-14-2012 at 01:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »