Home

The Coaching Carousel Needs Significant Improvements

This is a discussion on The Coaching Carousel Needs Significant Improvements within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #49
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
College Hoops was nice. I love following assist coaches from big schools work their way up the ranks by starting off at a small school then onto the big boys.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: The Coaching Carousel Needs Significant Improvements

First off I totally agree that the logic needs to be fixed in this mode.

If they can improve that it would be nice to be able to make a list of about 3-5 teams that you would consider leaving your current team for, or better yet have teams that have coaches on the hot seat approach you to see if you might be interested if they were to make a change. They could then have a virtual twitter feed like in madden reporting this.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well i was UMASS and everyone knows there a go aweful team.

my first year i went 5-7, i like to play realistic. 2nd year, i went 7-6. i made it to a bowl game my 2nd year in the fbs, even though we lost that game, it is still really good. i even realled in a decent recruiting class with like a couple 3 stars and a hanful of 1 and 2*.

Then I got fired...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

CC actually ruins the game.... its soo stupid, i have too turn off contracts if im going to play realistically with a bad team. i get fired after going 7-6 with umass and they suck... dynasty mode is soo bad now
Old 07-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #53
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProXenT

my first year i went 5-7, i like to play realistic. 2nd year, i went 7-6. i made it to a bowl game my 2nd year in the fbs, even though we lost that game, it is still really good. i even realled in a decent recruiting class with like a couple 3 stars and a hanful of 1 and 2*.

Then I got fired...
Quote:
CC actually ruins the game.... its soo stupid, i have too turn off contracts if im going to play realistically with a bad team. i get fired after going 7-6 with umass and they suck... dynasty mode is soo bad now
I want to keep this post going so it can attract attention. Your situation is ridiculous. Something NEEDS to be done.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #54
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Obviously the logic is terrible abd they need to put more emphasis on wins etc but presumably if you meet your goals you won't be fired?

I've yet to be fired and although I've had some losing seasons I hàve met 90% of my goals.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Then I got fired...
That's so frustrating...you swallow your gamer pride to try and play the game realistically and it bites you in the ***.

Sadly, to avoid that...I usually schedule a game every year against a FCS team, and I just relentlessly slaughter them...to the point where I'm kicking FG's at their one yard line to keep the score under 70.

It sucks, but it's the only way you can reach some of the more ridiculous goals at times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 0
It's ridiculously stupid this year. Been at Texas State for 6 years now. 2 BCS games, a Heisman, 3 WAC championships and I'm still stuck at a % for coach prestige. I've only failed at a couple of goals, now of which had negative impact on coaching security. My integrity is at full amount. Then I find out the UTSA coach gets hired at Ohio State after finishing 7-5. What the heck?

Ok seeing more Coordinators get the big jobs than I am Head Coaches. Thinking about starting over as a OC at my "Alma mater" and going from there...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »