Home

Road to Glory broken?

This is a discussion on Road to Glory broken? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 03:21 AM   #25
Rookie

Mike The Swipe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Road to Glory broken?

I've been watching some videos recently, and I believe the best solution is to start off with the Varsity difficulty in the beginning, then switch the gameplay to All American or Heisman. That way so in practice you get the CPU to give you challenge but when you make mistakes its less impact because you are being scored from the Varsity difficulty.
MLB: LA Dodgers, LA Angels
NHL: LA Kings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #26
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Swipe
I've been watching some videos recently, and I believe the best solution is to start off with the Varsity difficulty in the beginning, then switch the gameplay to All American or Heisman. That way so in practice you get the CPU to give you challenge but when you make mistakes its less impact because you are being scored from the Varsity difficulty.
The problem with that is you can drop down from first to third string if you have one bad practice. The system needs to be adjusted.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:21 AM   #27
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0

SO they make it harder and it's broken? LMAO, Now I'm looking forward to the mode, I can actually lose my starting job. About time EA. Thank you for making RTG playable.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Its not broke smart guy your saying that its broken because it might take you a whole season to gain enough trust to be a starter.....its not broke its more realistic your just used to lasts year RTG where you can be a starter in like 2 weeks or 4 weeks max
Old 07-13-2012, 04:30 AM   #29
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
SO they make it harder and it's broken? LMAO, Now I'm looking forward to the mode, I can actually lose my starting job. About time EA. Thank you for making RTG playable.
There's a difference between making it hard and making it unplayable. I find it funny that you say this makes it more playable. They tried to make it realistic but they overdid it and made the mode incredibly difficult. Why is a 10 yard loss -40 points, but a touchdown is +12? That's idiotic. I also don't believe in practices playing as big a role as it does in deciding depth chart position. You'll never see a starting QB lose his job over a bad practice, it takes a stretch of a few bad games to justify going to the number two option. I think this mode needs a bit of a revamp.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #30
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
Is this a joke? If it's not, then this is RIDICULOUS! Do the people at EA actually know what football is? Why do our RTG players get docked for other players' mistakes, and they're rather extreme penalties at that (-20 points for that, -100 for an INT, -40 for a sack, +12 for a TD?).

The logic for coaches' trust in this game is broken. Absolutely outrageous that I paid $60 for this when I could just keep playing the RTG in NCAA 12 that's basically the exact same thing but more fun and it's possible to start more than 0 games in your college career unlike NCAA 13. This is just pathetic EA, this needs patched very very soon or I'm definitely returning this game
Madden Superstar was like this last year. You would get docked for teammate performance. I find the whole point system outlandish.

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
CFB: Minnesota Gophers
Old 07-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #31
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellBobMD
THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

I've been playing RTG exclusively (usually crank out a RTG career or two while I wait for the named rosters prior to starting my dynasty). People want realism and (in that video link) complain when their True Freshman QB gets demoted at Stanford after throwing INT's in practice. I did the same thing with my QB (playing on AA)- went in as the starter and sucked it up in practice (if you're trying to throw bombs to the endzone every play you WILL get picked.. a lot!!) and guess what- rode the pine for the first game. Won the starters role back week #2. True freshman QB starting week #2 and am now "Hometown Legend" status by the 8th game of Freshman year having already tied school record for passing TD's and yardage. (really??)

This mode is NOT broken and they tried to make it more difficult, which it is. I'm glad they made it more difficult and actually wish it was a little harder to work your way into the starters role- at least at big-time programs. A few years ago I supplanted Christian Ponder who was ~95 ovr, 3 year Sr. starter and future 1st round draft pick- with my true freshman QB by the 3rd game of the year. I went there cuz I figured I'd be the starter my sophomore year

I've decided I'm going to quit reading these boards because I really enjoy the game. Yes, there are flaws but all of these people that aren't buying the game or "selling it back" because of "safety deep coverage" and stuff like that are really missing out and all the bitching and bellyaching just take away from an overall good game experience. Guess what DB's cover great when they're in man coverage- but somtimes get burned. They get beat on streak routes in zone. From an ex-player and High school coach, it feels about right to me.
Must not be a very good coach. What player goes from starter to 3rd string because of one practice???? That's not realistic AT ALL. Period.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 08:10 AM   #32
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
Tell me what's "realistic" about a starter becoming 3rd string because of ONE bad practice?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »