Home

Road to Glory broken?

This is a discussion on Road to Glory broken? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Angry Road to Glory broken?

http://www.yeousch.com/8530-ncaa-foo...-trust-issues/

WOW! This is just outrageous that this is in the final version of the game. This game is supposed to be played for fun, and CLEARLY this is not any fun at all, it's just incredibly frustrating and annoying.

Comon EA, this mode was really good and solid last year, you tried to make a couple changes, and now it's broken! I'm just speechless...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Rookie

Bruinboy's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Road to Glory broken?

Haven't gotten there yet. Still in high school with one playoff game to go. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

It's not broken. Playing on Heisman makes it hard, but I never feel cheated.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Do you have any more specifics? What position do you play, how long did it take you to get to the top of the depth chart, and are you having trouble retaining your spot on the depth chart after bad performances in practices or games?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7

Wow... I'm pretty concerned now. I started my RTG running back a few nights ago and was loving having the difficulty on All American but I'm still in high school. After seeing this, I'm thinking I might want to switch it down to Varsity and just up the sliders to cheat the system into All-American difficulty so I can keep the other Coach's Trust point system.

After watching that video during the running back portion, I started to pay attention to the Trust Points bar and man these guys are not lying. Dude had a 5 to 7 yard gain and literally only got 1 point. That's insane when you think about how many points it takes to move up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Was just commenting about this in another thread. One big one I found was that if you are doing punt/kickoff returns and there is a penalty on your team, you get docked -20 points because of loss of yardage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I'm playing on AA and it just seems impossible. You run a dozen plays as a RB and only get 30 points or so and then a lineman misses a block and you get tackled for a loss and lose 10 points, something isn't right. Especially when an option is called and the QB tosses it to you with a guy on you already, you can't do anything. Then on a pass play and you call for a pass and the AI thinks it was a bad call, you get docked 20 points.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.

Last edited by YeOldTonk; 07-12-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:00 PM   #7
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Was just commenting about this in another thread. One big one I found was that if you are doing punt/kickoff returns and there is a penalty on your team, you get docked -20 points because of loss of yardage.
Is this a joke? If it's not, then this is RIDICULOUS! Do the people at EA actually know what football is? Why do our RTG players get docked for other players' mistakes, and they're rather extreme penalties at that (-20 points for that, -100 for an INT, -40 for a sack, +12 for a TD?).

The logic for coaches' trust in this game is broken. Absolutely outrageous that I paid $60 for this when I could just keep playing the RTG in NCAA 12 that's basically the exact same thing but more fun and it's possible to start more than 0 games in your college career unlike NCAA 13. This is just pathetic EA, this needs patched very very soon or I'm definitely returning this game
Old 07-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #8
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
Is this a joke? If it's not, then this is RIDICULOUS! Do the people at EA actually know what football is? Why do our RTG players get docked for other players' mistakes, and they're rather extreme penalties at that (-20 points for that, -100 for an INT, -40 for a sack, +12 for a TD?).

The logic for coaches' trust in this game is broken. Absolutely outrageous that I paid $60 for this when I could just keep playing the RTG in NCAA 12 that's basically the exact same thing but more fun and it's possible to start more than 0 games in your college career unlike NCAA 13. This is just pathetic EA, this needs patched very very soon or I'm definitely returning this game
Not a joke. "Luckily(?)" I had just moved from 4th string to 3rd string the previous week and was at 0 points when I started the game. I ended up with 0 points at the end because on the last three punt returns I did in the game there were holding penalties on my team on each play. -60 points on three plays. Wiped out the whole games accumulation.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »