Home

What is effect of Tuner--Good or bad ??

This is a discussion on What is effect of Tuner--Good or bad ?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #25
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: What is effect of Tuner--Good or bad ??

Add me to the list of the game plays way better with out the tuner. I will try to be as detailed as possible. Played the following games:

VT vs Texas
Ohio St vs Michigan
Georgia Tech vs Air Force
Nebraska vs Navy

All default All American 9 minute quarters

Run Blocking

Much improved. Blockers actually blocked and sealed off their blocks. Holes in the line was more defined. Outside runs worked very good, counters worked very good. I was very amazed how great the run blocking was. They actually blocked the correct people and didn't run past defenders like did too often with the tuner.

Option Attack

Worked much better because blockers actually blocked. Some plays were blown up in the back field, but it was usually by the defense's best LB who sniffed out the play. Didn't see the RB do the stupid catch the ball then take a couple steps back before they run forward BS they did all too often with the tuner.

CPU AI Running

25 times better. They didn't do the mario running of just running place into the back side of their blocker at all. Now they are much better at finding the open space and running towards it. Much better job of running AROUND their blockers and not directly into their blockers like they did with the tuner.

Shifty ball carriers were very shifty. A lot of juke moves and changing running lanes, a lot of cut backs as well.

Power backs played more like power back, used their stiff arm a lot.

Kick off returners returned better. Punt returners were still brain dead however.

Special Teams

CPU punters actually coffin kick. How ever in coach mode, your punter is still brain dead and always kick the ball out the back of the end zone.

The gunners don't get down the field as fast as they do with the tuner. So there were no fair catches, were as with the tuner, majority of the punts were fair catches.

Run Defense

More realistic flow to the ball. On outside runs the linebackers are generally the primary tacklers. Unlike before where defensive linemen seemed to always get in on outside runs near the sidelines. Now all defenders seem to run true to their speed rating. No more far side defenders making plays in the backfield on the opposite side of the field.

On option runs, they play it more realistic. They wait to see where the ball is going before they go full speed. However if you run to the same side more then twice in a row, they are much quicker to adjust and will jump that side of the field on your third attempt.

Defenders are much better aware of QB scrambles. The amount of big QB scrambles is greatly reduced. Now they average 4 yards per a scramble. Where as before it was around 13 yards.

Pass Defense

Much improved. Everything is tighter and there is more help from other defenders. Because of this, there are more interceptions. Defenders do a much better job of intercepting under thrown passes and passes that have too much air under them.

Passing over the middle is harder because linebackers do a much better job defending it and CB's do a much better job under cutting slants and inside post routes.

Red zone passing is harder as well. Simply because the defense do a much better job defending the middle of the field. Seen a lot of interceptions in the red zone trying to throw in the middle of the field.

Pass Rush

I didn't see any defensive ends generate any sacks. But they did a much better job of pushing the offensive tackle into the face of the QB, which causes the QB to move around in the pocket way more then before.

Graphically

Game just looks better, much more clear then before. Animations run much smoother, there wasn't any jerkiness to it like before, where a few times a game the animation would just stutter for no reason with the tuner. Now the game looks way more like a game on tv does.

Dirty uniforms, non existent......played 2 heavy rain games. Not a speck of dirt on the away team.

Over All

Game play is just flat out better. Has an organic flow to it. Players play much closer to their ratings. You can clearly visually tell the difference between a good player and an average one. The pursuit speed of defensive linemen and linebackers are severely turned down and more realistic for their body type.

Officially I don't know what the tuner did. But from my observation from playing games with and without it, it seemed to have done the following:

Made the graphics look out of focus
Caused the frame rate to be highly unstable and created jerkiness and slow down.
Gave defensive linemen and linebackers a speed boost against the option and outside runs.
Dumb downed zone defense
Made the middle of the field wide open
Totally killed Real Assignment AI
Made CPU Ball Carriers have tunnel vision and just stick to one lane only
Neutered defensive ends pass rush
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

What is the tuner?
Old 07-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #27
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Add me to the list of the game plays way better with out the tuner. I will try to be as detailed as possible. Played the following games:

VT vs Texas
Ohio St vs Michigan
Georgia Tech vs Air Force
Nebraska vs Navy

All default All American 9 minute quarters

Run Blocking

Much improved. Blockers actually blocked and sealed off their blocks. Holes in the line was more defined. Outside runs worked very good, counters worked very good. I was very amazed how great the run blocking was. They actually blocked the correct people and didn't run past defenders like did too often with the tuner.

Option Attack

Worked much better because blockers actually blocked. Some plays were blown up in the back field, but it was usually by the defense's best LB who sniffed out the play. Didn't see the RB do the stupid catch the ball then take a couple steps back before they run forward BS they did all too often with the tuner.

CPU AI Running

25 times better. They didn't do the mario running of just running place into the back side of their blocker at all. Now they are much better at finding the open space and running towards it. Much better job of running AROUND their blockers and not directly into their blockers like they did with the tuner.

Shifty ball carriers were very shifty. A lot of juke moves and changing running lanes, a lot of cut backs as well.

Power backs played more like power back, used their stiff arm a lot.

Kick off returners returned better. Punt returners were still brain dead however.

Special Teams

CPU punters actually coffin kick. How ever in coach mode, your punter is still brain dead and always kick the ball out the back of the end zone.

The gunners don't get down the field as fast as they do with the tuner. So there were no fair catches, were as with the tuner, majority of the punts were fair catches.

Run Defense

More realistic flow to the ball. On outside runs the linebackers are generally the primary tacklers. Unlike before where defensive linemen seemed to always get in on outside runs near the sidelines. Now all defenders seem to run true to their speed rating. No more far side defenders making plays in the backfield on the opposite side of the field.

On option runs, they play it more realistic. They wait to see where the ball is going before they go full speed. However if you run to the same side more then twice in a row, they are much quicker to adjust and will jump that side of the field on your third attempt.

Defenders are much better aware of QB scrambles. The amount of big QB scrambles is greatly reduced. Now they average 4 yards per a scramble. Where as before it was around 13 yards.

Pass Defense

Much improved. Everything is tighter and there is more help from other defenders. Because of this, there are more interceptions. Defenders do a much better job of intercepting under thrown passes and passes that have too much air under them.

Passing over the middle is harder because linebackers do a much better job defending it and CB's do a much better job under cutting slants and inside post routes.

Red zone passing is harder as well. Simply because the defense do a much better job defending the middle of the field. Seen a lot of interceptions in the red zone trying to throw in the middle of the field.

Pass Rush

I didn't see any defensive ends generate any sacks. But they did a much better job of pushing the offensive tackle into the face of the QB, which causes the QB to move around in the pocket way more then before.

Graphically

Game just looks better, much more clear then before. Animations run much smoother, there wasn't any jerkiness to it like before, where a few times a game the animation would just stutter for no reason with the tuner. Now the game looks way more like a game on tv does.

Dirty uniforms, non existent......played 2 heavy rain games. Not a speck of dirt on the away team.

Over All

Game play is just flat out better. Has an organic flow to it. Players play much closer to their ratings. You can clearly visually tell the difference between a good player and an average one. The pursuit speed of defensive linemen and linebackers are severely turned down and more realistic for their body type.

Officially I don't know what the tuner did. But from my observation from playing games with and without it, it seemed to have done the following:

Made the graphics look out of focus
Caused the frame rate to be highly unstable and created jerkiness and slow down.
Gave defensive linemen and linebackers a speed boost against the option and outside runs.
Dumb downed zone defense
Made the middle of the field wide open
Totally killed Real Assignment AI
Made CPU Ball Carriers have tunnel vision and just stick to one lane only
Neutered defensive ends pass rush
Are you offline? If u delete the turner and come turn the game on signed under your PSN or XBL tag do u automatically download the tuner again?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #28
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

You don't automatically download it, it prompts you and ask if you want to. You can decline it but you just can't play online. Which is no biggie to me since I don't care to play online anyway.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #29
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Ugh, I want to play online though. We're about to start a dynasty.

My only persistent problem is running the ball, but I think that's because they made our RBs all TERRIBLE. Dom Brown blows, but Wright is okay. He breaks some tackles.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 10

Well count me in also...game plays much better with tuner deleted!!! Safety play is A LOT better don't know what it is but to me everything feels better!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #31
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Def see a difference for the better without the tuner. Seeing animations I hadn't seen before...better play calling and better safety play. I def say deleting tuner is the way to go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #32
Rookie

afurry91's Arena

OVR: 6

If I delete the tuner and start a dynasty without the tuner being installed. Then install the tuner later on when I want to play online, will my dynasty be affected as well?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »