Home

What is effect of Tuner--Good or bad ??

This is a discussion on What is effect of Tuner--Good or bad ?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #49
Rookie

CSA1864's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is effect of Tuner--Good or bad ??

WOW!!! The difference is like night and day. Deleting the tuner made an OK game seem good.

A few things I noticed.

-Better tackling, not so many misses. It does seem that you tackle backwards/forwards meaning the ball carrier gets a few extra yards.
-Better replays the replays don't skip every few seconds or look like the player in replay feet arent moving.
-User O-Line blocked better
-After a User pass deflection the CPU WR will jump towards the ball and sometimes catch it.
-Run is smoother and CPU doesn't get so many busted plays in the backfield and neither do you.

I like the game without this tuner and will continue testing it
Old 07-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 9

I find it completely interesting that except one or two that the majority of sim style vets aren't in here complaining about it. Though it would be nice if they would like in years past tell us what the turner is tuning
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 07-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 8

What was the tuner supposed to fix? I haven't been prompted yet to download it. I also checked my files and I don't have it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #52
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

does deleting the tuner tone down cpu called hb screen plays...man that is annoying...seems like evry set of downs they run a hb screen...all the practice defending it i can blow it up almost every time ...if it doesnt they gotta fix this with a tuner...lol
Old 07-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #53
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
You don't automatically download it, it prompts you and ask if you want to. You can decline it but you just can't play online. Which is no biggie to me since I don't care to play online anyway.
I know the answer but i thought about it yesterday, anyhow, is a single person OD, considered playing online?

I mean there could be a distinction between going online and playing head to head matches vs. playing a dynasty by yourself couldnt there?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #54
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

Probably a dumb question, but after deleting the patch, do you need to slider tweak or can you play on default aa
Old 07-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
does deleting the tuner tone down cpu called hb screen plays...man that is annoying...seems like evry set of downs they run a hb screen...all the practice defending it i can blow it up almost every time ...if it doesnt they gotta fix this with a tuner...lol
I would have to say no. I checked to see if I have the tuner and I haven't been prompted to download it. I have been playing without the tuner and the CPU screens are killing the game for me. 90% of the screen plays end up in a qb sack for a lot of yardage and it happens all the freakin time. I did think of a fix. I went in and created a game book for the spread offense and removed all the CPU screens. I haven't tried it yet, but I am going to start the game in two player mode then switch the other team to CPU controlled. Hopefully the CPU will use the playbook that I loaded. It sucks, but what the heck. I am only running a test dynasty now, but when I run my real one I am going to go in and name each team a specific playbook. So far I edited Wisconsin (Heavy Run Pro Type Offense) and Clemson (Spread a lot of QB running). See how it works, cause at the moment the screens suck and is a game killer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #56
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I just played my first game w/o the tuner. The CPU was Oregon on Heisman difficulty and they only ran 4 screen plays. Usually the CPU runs 7-10 screens per game so based on a miniscule sample, deleting the tuner might reduce the number of screens called. One negative about reducing the tuner is that play action is as useless as it was in NCAA 12. W/ the tuner everyone falls for the PA. W/o the tuner no one bites on the fake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »