Home

Installed Game not working

This is a discussion on Installed Game not working within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
Installed Game not working

Hey guys,

I prefer playing off the HDD since it's smoother, but if I install the game, it says that the game is not verified or something.

I went back to wal-mart but they dont accept opened games. Anyone have any ideas on a workaround?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Installed Game not working

Play if off the disc?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

Thanks, tips.

Why even reply? I states the problem and asked if someone with a similar experience could help.

If it's is not you that will afford me said help, why even waste your time and my time with a half-assed remark?
Old 07-13-2012, 04:11 AM   #4
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
Thanks, tips.

Why even reply? I states the problem and asked if someone with a similar experience could help.

If it's is not you that will afford me said help, why even waste your time and my time with a half-assed remark?
Well its a valid suggestion. And you never specified it be someone with a "similar experience" so don't throw that around like he ignored it.

Are you playing offline? It may be that you have to be connected to play it. I know this is an issue if you are playing a downloaded game on an Xbox that you did not download said game onto.

Do you have the disc in when you attempt to play it? because that's a necessity (it has to verify you didn't trade the game in upon installation). I ask because that shouldn't be happening under normal circumstances and its worth checking.

Have you considered going to a Gamestop (or some equivalent) and buying a used copy switching your copy with the one you just bought and returning it for a full refund?

And if all else fails you may just have to play the game off the disc.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #5
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
Hey guys,

I prefer playing off the HDD since it's smoother, but if I install the game, it says that the game is not verified or something.

I went back to wal-mart but they dont accept opened games. Anyone have any ideas on a workaround?
how do they NOT accept opened games???...tell them the game is defective and doesnt work properly and that you want to trade for a new one...they have to exchange a defective product...dont they??...just tell them to unwrap the new copy before they give it to you so they dont think you are just going to return it for a refund...i'd be pissed if they told me "no,no we dont accept opened games"...yea right i'd be causing a scene and a rukus
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
how do they NOT accept opened games???...tell them the game is defective and doesnt work properly and that you want to trade for a new one...they have to exchange a defective product...dont they??...just tell them to unwrap the new copy before they give it to you so they dont think you are just going to return it for a refund...i'd be pissed if they told me "no,no we dont accept opened games"...yea right i'd be causing a scene and a rukus

No stores accept open games for a refund...lol They'd all just be giant blockbuster's then.

As for the OP...like someone else mentioned, you need to have the disk in the system when you play off the HDD. It won't spin, it's just needed to be there for verification.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
Well its a valid suggestion. And you never specified it be someone with a "similar experience" so don't throw that around like he ignored it.
While I'd didnt specifically say 'similar situation', one would think that only people who have been exposed to this problem in some way would know how to fix it.

But ya, I have the same disc that I downloaded to the HDD and it's in there. The game loads, connects online and then when I pick a game to play, the error message pops up.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull

You should be able to exchange it.....I tried returning a game once and they would only let me exchange for the exact same game not a different one

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »