Home

Recruiting 101

This is a discussion on Recruiting 101 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #41
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by twimstaxs
Having 20 recruits does nothing for the TEN you are not calling. Just a waste of time really.

Try this strategy instead.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...right-way.html
actually you get points with the recruit just having them on the board. So lets say you have a 2* on board that you liked but dont need to recruit if you leave him on your board you will appear on his list, and can move up spots by just leaving him on the board.

It's a nice unknown feature EA talked about in 11, and 13 is the same way. so there is nothing wrong with keeping extra guys on the board. If they are being recruited by other schools there is no point because you wont ever gain on a team giving the player attention
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Teaching you how to recruit the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I would add a couple of thoughts:

Just in case people don't realize it given that it is a new feature; you have 20 hours of scouting BEFORE you start the season. Make sure you use it by going into your recruit list after you add the guys you want.

Make sure you add the maximum number of players (35) to your recruiting list before starting the season. Simply adding a player to your list will likely put you on their top 10. Even if you don't recruit/scout them at all, it gives you a chance.
It does not help adding 35 prospect. It is just more simple to stick to ten and add new recruits as you sign them. If you add 35 then 25 of them will be more than 300 points down from the top schools. Most likely will not sign ONE of them.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #43
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Re: Teaching you how to recruit the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I would add a couple of thoughts:

Just in case people don't realize it given that it is a new feature; you have 20 hours of scouting BEFORE you start the season. Make sure you use it by going into your recruit list after you add the guys you want.

Make sure you add the maximum number of players (35) to your recruiting list before starting the season. Simply adding a player to your list will likely put you on their top 10. Even if you don't recruit/scout them at all, it gives you a chance.
never fill the board, keep a few extra but with no one signed really why go past 15 total guys on the board. You don't need to scrounge for players yet. Keeping 3-5, not bad but all 35 yikes.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #44
Banned

If you have questions for my post please PM. I am not going to sift through this thread since they moved mine.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #45
Rookie

I typically used this system as well. it works great

GT - ObeyReubenJay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #46
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Wow I'm amazed, I was bored looking through my pitch grades in the my school tab in recruiting. It gives you a ton of detailed stats. For example, Your expected rankings for the next four years for champ contender, in pro you can see how many total draft picks you have had over the past 4 years broken down by round 1, 2, 3, 4-7, for TV they list all your season's National, Local and GOTW games and how many you won.

I didn't want to start a new topic so I decided it was relevant here. Kind of nice to see more stat tracking integrated into the game
Old 07-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #47
Rookie

OnWisconsin's Arena

In response to how many people to add to your board: I always have 28-30 recruits on my board because, as mentioned before, it does add points to recruiting whoever is on your board. I always leave a few spots open because I remove and add players every week. Sometimes I'll find a guy no one is recruiting around the 4th week and just adding him to your board put your team on his radar. My recruiting board is very fluid, so I never really have a set amount.

It definitely takes more time recruiting this way, but my average class size is 20ish players. I like having lots of choice of what kind of player I use on my teams.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnWisconsin
In response to how many people to add to your board: I always have 28-30 recruits on my board because, as mentioned before, it does add points to recruiting whoever is on your board. I always leave a few spots open because I remove and add players every week. Sometimes I'll find a guy no one is recruiting around the 4th week and just adding him to your board put your team on his radar. My recruiting board is very fluid, so I never really have a set amount.

It definitely takes more time recruiting this way, but my average class size is 20ish players. I like having lots of choice of what kind of player I use on my teams.
So you only sign about 20 recruits this way? I sign all 25.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »