Home

NCAA Football 13 - Top 3 Things You Love and Hate About The Game

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 - Top 3 Things You Love and Hate About The Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA Football 13 - Top 3 Things You Love and Hate About The Game

Love
1) That QBs run and run fairly well.
2) I enjoy the new animations such as the LB pick were he falls backward.
3) So far i am noticing the CPU QBs don't throw alot of picks.

Hate
1) As mentioned numerous times, the safety play is hit and miss. If they could be more consistent and especially better at covering the slot guys it would really go a long way toward improving the game.

2) The sounds in the game need a real upgrade, whether that is custom sounds being low or crowd noise being passive both can be distracting.

3) The OL/DL continues to be a real problem for this cycle. Often you do not even see a true pocket and ratings need to factor much more along the line. All Americans on both sides should dominate more, OL awareness needs to be upgraded, and so on.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
Banned

Aoyoc's Arena

OVR: 4

Top 3 things I love

1. The presentation upgrades and additions to increase the realism.
2. Stadium Sounds have more options and events, (compared to NCAA 11), this feature really does wonders for game atmosphere.
3. Although i'm finding the new passing system to be difficult at times, I like it and think once I get the hang of it, it will be great. The new animations are great too.

Top 3 things I hate

1. When EA takes something out of the game that has been there for years, for no reason, or changes something that wasn't "broke" and then destroys it.
2. They haven't ever gotten Nebraska's uniforms correct or fixed the issues; while other teams are getting 30 new uniforms, Nebraska can't get their only uniform to look right?
3. The game used to not change enough to warrant a new copy every year, so I would buy it every other year. Now, if their work on NCAA 13 is an indication of the future, I feel that I may need to skip 2 years in between copies before it is worth it.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0
Love: Recruiting, scouting, ...

Hate: So many updates, so many upsets, ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

Love:

1. new scouting system in dynasty recruiting (awesome!)
2. dynasty - everything about it. It being online and the shear depth of this feature is amazing
3. new passing system

Hate:

1. FREEZES - all of them but especially when the game freezes on human vs human games in online dynasty
2. game play is too predictable and needs to be more dynamic
3. can't import my draft class into Madden anymore
Old 07-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #13
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0

Love:
1. The New recruiting- I love scouting and the new pitches model is nice

2. Actually being able to throw screen passes!

3. The WR/DB interactions are great

Hate:

1. RB lower the shoulder to dodge every one to break off a big run is still in, kind of annoying, it seems like they go invisible to the defense when the CPU does that.

2. No real overhaul in dynasty other than recruiting. I think All conference Awards like COnference OPOY, DPOY, FRPOY, STPOY and COY need to be in the game.

3. no way to look back at past year's stats after a player leaves. or team stats in the past.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

Love:

1) Recruiting--about the only thing I can compare the recruiting system in NCAA 13 to is the scouting system in FIFA 12. I think any time you can get something compared to FIFA 12, arguably the game EA puts the most effort into (Madden as well), is good.

2) New Passing/Catching Styles/Animations--I love that you can throw people open in NCAA 13.

3) More ESPN Integration--Love the studio updates, especially towards the end of the season, when games really matter. They could go a step farther with this (maybe) to where when you finish the game the scores are actually posted when you look at the weekly schedule.

Hate:

1) AI Logic--It really is few and far between, at least for me, times where I ask myself, why the heck are they doing that play.

2) AI "Stupidity"--This problem is evident in FIFA 12 and is maybe fixable with sliders, but what I mean by this is:

In FIFA 12, you are only controlling one guy, you have no control over any of the other 9 men running on the pitch. Most times when you pass the pall behind a player (using manual controls), they don't run to it and the other team's defenders just pick it up and they continue up the pitch. The CPU AI runs to the ball, where your "User AI" doesn't run to the ball.

This is evident in NCAA 13 as well, especially on the OL/DL. When you're on offense, it seems that, no matter how good your OL, you simply do not have enough time to pass. On the flip side, when you are on defense, it seems that you can't generate any pressure without blitzing 3LBs. So again, the CPU AI is smart (in this sense), but your "User AI" is completely stupid.

3) Commentators. Brad and Kirk are nice guys, but I think it's time for their commentating to be more dynamic.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #15
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Love:
1. New recruiting system. It's how it should be.
2. New passing system. It's about time.
3. nothing else is worth mentioning

Hate:
1. EA ignored the coaching carousel
2. EA ignored teambuilder
3. attendance issues - we need dynamic attendance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #16
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Love:
1. New passing even though it is old.
2. Catching animations and some others.
3. QB scrambling.

Hate:
1. No direction for this year/lack of improvement over last years game overall.
2. Heisman mode and any new modes that take away development time from the gameplay itself.
3. Continued issues that have plagued the game in the past that still do in 13 (Bugs, freezing, audio issues, etc). We all know the list as it never changes year to year.
Twitter
YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »