Home

NCAA Football 13 - Top 3 Things You Love and Hate About The Game

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 - Top 3 Things You Love and Hate About The Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #25
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NCAA Football 13 - Top 3 Things You Love and Hate About The Game

I haven't really dove into Dynasty yet, so I can mainly only comment on gameplay

Love

1. Everything about the new passing game - trajectories, WR/DB interaction,etc
2. Other gameplay improvements - things like the juke stick being more responsive and the CPU QB's scrambling ability really take gameplay to another level.
3. The ability to upload snap shots/video (Madden needs this badly). NCAA is just a beautiful game so this is an essential feature for me. Also the new colors for domes are so much better than last year and really stand out.

Hate

1. Freezes - Although, I haven't had any because, like I said, I haven't started a dynasty yet. However, I have seen reports of others with this issue and a game freezing multiple times is unacceptable.
2. CPU AI - Things like ability to run the option, covering the proper zone, attempting a 55+ yard kicks are all on my short list of items that need to be adjusted. And while none of them are game killers alone, the combination of the really leave a lot to be desired.
3. No Coaching Carousel Improvements - CC is one of my favorite features in all of sports gaming. I would love to see it grow into something more rather than go untouched in only it's second year.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #26
Rookie

bigslim816's Arena

OVR: 0

Top 3 loves:
1- Passing game tweaks
2- Recruiting
3- Digital day one release.Saving bluray wear and tear. Have not had a single freeze issue so far.

Top 3 hates:
1- In dynasty stat editing. Lessens the impact of recruiting. Eventually people will just ignore how great recruiting is and just accept who they get and adjust stats later.

2- Laziness on uniform additions and that is what it is. LAZINESS
3- Paying $60 dollars for what amounts to an update patch. Rosters/tweaks
Old 07-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #27
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
Top 3 Love's for NCAA 13

1- Editing.....The editing ability still in full effect !

2- Recruiting......It is fun again, the new tweaks and set-up was needed !

3- Game Play Enhancements....Love the new passing and animations added this year.

Top 3 Hate's for NCAA 13

1- Editing....Still too many glitches with the editing, especially body sizes !

2- Speed Rating... Still way overboard with this rating, I wanna know who I need to talk to about this !?! The Speed model they use is totally flawed, and honestly I think it somewhat breaks their own game !

3-Lack of New Equipment ! (and even more new faces, and that screen EA had in a promo video...with all the Hair options for heads)

+1.

10char.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #28
Rookie

puba1978's Arena

LOVE:
1. PRESENTATION
2. RECRUITING IN ONLINE DYNASTY
3. PASSING

HATE:
1. THAT THE FLEXBONE IS TOTALLY DEAD NOW DUE TO SHOTTY EDGE AND INTERIOR BLOCKING ON EVERY PLAY.
2. THE SPEED OF THE GAME STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.....WHY SO FAST EA WHY...
3. THE PITCH RELATIONSHIP ON FLEX OPTIONS AND THE QB STILL BEING TACKLED AND CANT PITCH THE BALL TO AN UNCOVERED RB.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #29
Rookie

KingNick865's Arena

Love
- The passing game on NCAA 13 is absolutely sublime. I love that you can throw it away from the defense. I love that a corner route is actually worth something.
- The super LB's are gone. I'm not sure any more information is needed.
- The overhaul of recruiting on the game. Putting in scouting, and getting rid of the roulette phone call system really was a nice touch.

Hate
- Freezing issues. NCAA 12 was pretty bad about it, but 13 is even worse.
- Sluggish, complex menu system. Navigating the menus on this game is a chore, and even if you know where to go, you won't get there quickly. Everything in the menus is impacted, from the main menu to the dynasty menus, to everything.
- The safeties on this game aren't the smartest in the world. They routinely give up the deep ball, although it's not as automatic as one would think, thanks to the absolutely ballistic pass rush this game seems to have.
NHL: Nashville Predators
Soccer: FC Barcelona
Old 07-13-2012, 04:30 PM   #30
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

LOVE
1- the ability to use 120+ teams , it keeps it fresh having so many choices to choose from

2- i love how the crowd is improved this year, it could be better but it is much improved

3- i love the fact we are going to get dl-able unis this year as the season goes on

HATE

1- the socks issue we are in 2012 for god sake nobody wears em, some team have med by default so why doesnt all teams have med?? why do they reset after every year of dynasty...just lame and takes away from the realness

2- the face masks we dont have why??(revo speed 2bar)(revo speed 3barrobot) the ones we do have why? why is the bulldog fm in the game ?? who wears it?

3-commentary is god awful again..i like nessler and herby but it sounds like doo-doo too much repetition...needs to go back to the drawing board

4- why do we still have only one camera angle??? where is the custom playable camera already..this is long overdue
Old 07-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #31
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

LOVE:

1. New passing game play and animations....EA hit it out of the park with this minus some bugs (AI zone defense).

2. Recent reports of new uniforms to be released via patch at no charge.

3. Ticker at bottom of screen in dynasty mode a much welcome addition.

HATE:

1. Crowd noise when home team is on defense is way too quiet. What's more, how many college football crowds chant "d-fense?" This is a big part of the college atmosphere and desperately needs an overhaul.

2. Motion blur on replays makes them look too blurry. Nice attempt at adding realism but seems overdone.

3. Heisman Challenge. It's a good concept but they could have done so much more with this mode. If the problem was disc space then they should have skipped it. A missed opportunity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #32
Rookie

Stafford2Johnson's Arena

OVR: 10

<3Loves:
1) New Passing Trajectory thing. Makes passing way more realistic
2) The new catch animations. (If only the Lineman could get some new ones too!)
3) The ability to find Gems and busts in recruiting. I can spend an hours recruiting for next year having just as much fun as actually playing imo (at least for now, I'm sure it will dull out).

Hates:
1) All the damn bugs! Specifically: freezing, not-being-able-to-choose-a-play, CPU sitting still on the Option, SUPER SIM w/ Custom Playbooks causing easy CPU scoring, etc.
2) It is too hard to gain coaches trust when playing on a high difficulty for RTG.
3) Sometimes the O-Line will miss obvious blocks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »