Home

Worst Injuries

This is a discussion on Worst Injuries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Rookie

RobD4477's Arena

OVR: 1
Worst Injuries

What are some of the worst injuries you have seen so far by worst I mean like length or an injury that came at an inopportune time.. Like this one that just happened to me 1st game of the season with Georgia 1st play of the game I run a stretch with Brandon Harton he gains ten yards but he gets hit hard and he breaks his vertebrae and is out for the season

Sports Director @ the Student-Run Radio Station on the Campus of Kent State.

Have called Football games at Penn State and Clemson, Baseball games at Florida International and Basketball games at the Quicken Loans Arena, including the 2017 MAC Championship Game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Worst Injuries

OUCH!

Just bruised sternum for me and returned the next game.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Old 07-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

My rookie quarterback that was leading the league in passing yards got injured.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #4
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

in my NCAA 2011 dynasty, I had a QB that was like the face of my program (I have this dynasty posted in the thread that is linked in my sig), and on a routine scramble, got hit shoulder first right in the knee ( i actually took a picture of this and you can see where his knee got taken out so it looked very realistic), and it tore his PCL and he was out 14 weeks. It was a heartbreaker, but it was so realistic.

On my NCAA 12 dynasty with Tech, in 7 seasons so far, I have had 2 extended injuries. no, that is not a typo and not exaggeration. I had a guy miss 4 weeks with a strained back, and another miss 1 game from an ankle sprain. Other than that, I get occasional concussions or small injuries, but never anything sustaining. I hope this improves with NCAA 13. There should be a lot more injuries in the game, and should be a true test of your ability to stock your depth for each position. There are guys that have never even seen the field in my dynasty over their 4 year career because nobody gets hurt.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Never bought '12. Ater many, many seasons of an Auburn dynasty in '11 I started a UCLA dynasty.
More than 5 yrs in (therefore, a guy I'd recruited) I had a Sr SS go down with some inj I can't recall in wk-2. Was listed as 6-wk inj. He never elevated to better than Doubtful status. WTF?! eh? He would have been a 2-yr starter and it ended his career, and it was also really troublesome b/c of only having 2 SSs on the roster.

I thought '11 was horrible -- at times -- about reporting some in-game injuries. I know that in both of my dynaties I'd learn of an ?-wk injury by checking the Injury Report the wk after the game. (always the 1st screen I go to in a new wk, having learned a lesson) I also thought '11 failed to give enough info on opposing team injuries ("he...", but what POS did he play?!).

Maybe things were better in '12, and will be improved in '13 which I do plan on buying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
UTSA QB went down with pec tear for 10 weeks. Luckily it was the 2nd to last game
Old 07-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

I turned injuries off after RB Barner went down for 10 weeks, QB Mariota went down for 3 weeks and then RB Thomas went down for 4 weeks, and all that happend within the first 4 weeks of the season.....lol

Way too may injuries in dynasty
Old 07-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'd say there's not enough injuries in dynasty. Even the least injured teams in college have 10-20 missed games by starters, and the most injured have upwards of 50 missed games by starters in a season. Even in your most unlucky seasons in NCAA, you hardly ever approach starters missing more than 10 games in a season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »