Home

Fixed Sim Scores

This is a discussion on Fixed Sim Scores within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12
Fixed Sim Scores

The title may be a little confusing. I started my Arkansas dynasty today and, I was kind of wanting my week three showdown with Alabama to be #1 vs. #5-6. So, I simmed the Alabama/Michigan game and Michigan won 31-24. I exited the dynasty, simmed it again, and Michigan won 31-24. I decided I'd sim the game a third and final time and if Michigan won, so be it. After the third sim Michigan won again...31-24. At this point I didn't care that Alabama lost. I simmed the game three more times after that to see if the score would be the same, and every time the final was a 31-24 Michigan victory. Since I hadn't played my game yet, I decided to restart the franchise and see if the same thing would happen. This time the score was different, but I simmed the Alabama/Michigan game, and all four times Michigan won 38-34.

And this isn't for people to tell me "well if they lose once after you sim the game, then that's how it should be, and you shouldn't be simming a game multiple times to set up a bigger game for your team down the line." I get that. I just found it interesting that, after simming the game one time, no matter how many more times I did it, the score was always the exact same with the same team winning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Fixed Sim Scores

The games are simmed when you roll from one week to the next. If you had a save of the previous week you would be getting different scores.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Wnahikian's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopla32
The title may be a little confusing. I started my Arkansas dynasty today and, I was kind of wanting my week three showdown with Alabama to be #1 vs. #5-6. So, I simmed the Alabama/Michigan game and Michigan won 31-24. I exited the dynasty, simmed it again, and Michigan won 31-24. I decided I'd sim the game a third and final time and if Michigan won, so be it. After the third sim Michigan won again...31-24. At this point I didn't care that Alabama lost. I simmed the game three more times after that to see if the score would be the same, and every time the final was a 31-24 Michigan victory. Since I hadn't played my game yet, I decided to restart the franchise and see if the same thing would happen. This time the score was different, but I simmed the Alabama/Michigan game, and all four times Michigan won 38-34.

And this isn't for people to tell me "well if they lose once after you sim the game, then that's how it should be, and you shouldn't be simming a game multiple times to set up a bigger game for your team down the line." I get that. I just found it interesting that, after simming the game one time, no matter how many more times I did it, the score was always the exact same with the same team winning.
Well thats weird. I have been hearing a lot of problems with the simming, and we all know Bama is going to roll UM. Denard will probably be knocked out for the season.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I think the sim scores are a little wonky upset wise so they can use the in game updates more. At least that's my theory. That being said, I've started like 5 dynasties while screwing around, and the scores to that Michigan/Bama game have all been wildly different.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
The games are simmed when you roll from one week to the next. If you had a save of the previous week you would be getting different scores.
I'm a little confused by your wording, but I haven't saved anything. I mean I save the dynasty, but didn't do any recruiting or play my game, so nothing else has been saved, and I haven't played may game. I was simming the Alabama/Michigan only, exiting the dynasty and reloading it, and simming that game again before doing anything else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
^^^ this ^^^

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 07-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopla32
I'm a little confused by your wording, but I haven't saved anything. I mean I save the dynasty, but didn't do any recruiting or play my game, so nothing else has been saved, and I haven't played may game. I was simming the Alabama/Michigan only, exiting the dynasty and reloading it, and simming that game again before doing anything else.
Let's say the game you're talking about is in week 2. If you load a save during week 2 then the game has already been simmed and you'll get the same result every time. If you load a save from week 1 and go forward to week 2 then the result will/could be different each time. They do it like that so that the ticker etc work.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Yea the games results are already decided when you sim from 1 week to the next. You can tell because when you press 'advance week' and it starts simulating the current week, it says 'preparing studio updates'. Well how would it know what the studio updates would be if it didnt already know the results of the next weeks games?

Last edited by kkende112233; 07-13-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »