Home

Running is almost impossible.

This is a discussion on Running is almost impossible. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #9
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Running is almost impossible.

My offense so far online has been run based and I've gone undefeated, but that is more because of my defense than my offense. I run because I want to control the tempo and clock and then force mistakes on defense, not really to score a ton.

6 games and I've probably gone over 300 yards once and 3 of them were under 200 yards. So while running is certainly difficult against a human opponent, I do think it is the best way to win games, especially when everyone else loves to air it out and tends to make mistakes.

Once I get my custom playbooks set up, I imagine my running will be a bit more effective though. You've got to set it up, either by running misdirection or by making plays in the passing game. Play action works pretty well this year so don't be afraid of it. If you've got someone selling out to stop the run, a few slip screens ought to stop that.

Any time I see someone stacking the box and flying upfield manually, I'm going to a slip screen away from the direction he comes from. That will help you out.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
Exactly there is no reason why running backs like Rex Burkhead or another big running back should be getting shoulder checked to the ground by a DB. I hate that shoulder tackle on the game by the way they should take it off because it is unrealistic and it happens at least 5 times a game
Do agree with this. So many big hits and stone cold open field tackles this year. I do break some tackles from time to time, but with juke not working well and stiff arm not working at all, I wish there were just more broken tackle animations.

I did have a great one with Martinez where he ran right through an arm tackle on a read keep to go for 60 and a score.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
Rookie

illini4life's Arena

OVR: 6

For any of you concerned. Don't worry OS rosters should fix this problem. They also change player ratings so once those come out the running game should be a lot easier.

COLLEGE
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE UofI
Fighting Illini!

MLB
Dodgers!

PSN: coocath110

OSCFL- Purdue Boilermakers
Three yards and a cloud of dust- Kansas St. Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
My offense so far online has been run based and I've gone undefeated, but that is more because of my defense than my offense. I run because I want to control the tempo and clock and then force mistakes on defense, not really to score a ton.

6 games and I've probably gone over 300 yards once and 3 of them were under 200 yards. So while running is certainly difficult against a human opponent, I do think it is the best way to win games, especially when everyone else loves to air it out and tends to make mistakes.

Once I get my custom playbooks set up, I imagine my running will be a bit more effective though. You've got to set it up, either by running misdirection or by making plays in the passing game. Play action works pretty well this year so don't be afraid of it. If you've got someone selling out to stop the run, a few slip screens ought to stop that.

Any time I see someone stacking the box and flying upfield manually, I'm going to a slip screen away from the direction he comes from. That will help you out.
You seem to like bragging because you posted it on another topic lol

Old 07-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #13
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Try playing against Bama though where they can play man-man because their Lb/Lb'rs are faster than even my Wr's and my corners lol
Old 07-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

It matters how your OL stacks up against your opponent's DL/LBs.

For example, I played with Baylor against Iowa and he ran all over me at times because Baylor's DL/LBs aren't good and the OL of Iowa is a huge strength.

If you play against a truly elite D, good luck running.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #15
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Part of the problem is actually caused by something they did to make the game better that accidently made this part worse. *Not their fault*

In NCAA 11 I would bust people up with the running game. If you remember, right off the snao o-linemen would get right after the LB they were supposed to block. Starting in NCAA 12, and then transitioned into Madden 12 and NCAA 13, is with with the new "double team" animations, or the "chip and go," or whatever you wanna call it, where instead of getting straight to the second level, o-linemen will engage in a double team before breaking off after a LB. Playing against a user means this becomes a burden, as that extra time needed for the o-lineman to break off the DL gives a user controlled LB a split second to shoot the gap and come completely unblocked into the backfield.

If you time it right you can blow up the A gap every single time. Especially with the insane acceleration of LBs on the default rosters

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #16
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

OVR: 0

I noticed this as well. Granted, my dynasty team isn't exactly the strongest (I'm starting off as OC at Buffalo, since I like to start from the bottom), but I'm starting a QB with 80 speed. He's getting chased down by DEs from the likes of UConn and Boston College. Also, every time I go to scramble with him, two DLs automatically break their blocks and do that shoving motion, sending him flying to the ground at the line of scrimmage. It sucks because I'd like to recruit a good scrambler to set up an option-centered attack, but I can't get any yards with him. I've even gone as far as to run multiple option plays, only to find that they play the QB 95% of the time.

I've had some success running strictly with the RB, but even then, it's in bits and pieces. Trap blocks this year are horribly unreliable. I've had guards run past the tackles on trap blocks, only to freeze up and let LBs bullrush the backfield and blow up my RB for a loss. What's the point?

In a somewhat unrelated gripe, passing is still aggravating because you can't see the entire field. How am I supposed to read what's going on with the wideouts when I can't see them until they're 20 yards downfield?

It seems like defense is the way to go this year. In all four games I've played, neither team has broken 20 points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »