Home

Anyone else having a hard time tackling?

This is a discussion on Anyone else having a hard time tackling? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #17
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone else having a hard time tackling?

Same problem here...I thought it was just me.....
Old 07-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im not having problems sliding past people or squaring up they just seem to break so many tackles, like an unreasonable amount
Old 07-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #19
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I cannot tackle at all any more and it used to be one of my strongest attributes in game play. It feels like offensive and defensive players are playing on different planets because the physics seem so different. HB's and WR's can zig-zag cut anywhere with no loss of momentum but if you try to plant and change direction with a defensive player, he basically slows to a stop and takes forever to get going again.

I've almost completely given up user tackling unless I know I've got a lot of help nearby. If I'm about to be 1 on 1 with someone, I'll click off of the guy I'm controlling and let the CPU get him. Even when I get a guy, I never feel like it is solid contact, it usually triggers the stumble/twist animation.

It isn't even just tackling, I used to be able to roam the field strafing with my MLB/FS and play almost a manual spy where I can make quick lateral movements to defend the crossing routes. Now it seems like the reaction time to slide the other way is off.

It is very disappointing because this used to be something that had given me a leg up defensively against other users. I could understand if all physics behaved like this, but defense and offense seem to play by different rules.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #20
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightn hokie
Ive found that if you have it on conservative BIT HIT and conservative STRIP, the Tackling is MUCH better!

In years past I would have Conservative/Balanced BIG HIT & AGGRESSIVE STRIP and Tackling was fine but in NCAA 13 5-6 guys couldnt bring down 1 man.

Try that adjustment and see if it helps...Ive noticed a Huge Difference. 1 Man will bring down another now.
imma definitely try this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »