Home

Anyone else having a hard time tackling?

This is a discussion on Anyone else having a hard time tackling? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Anyone else having a hard time tackling?

Biggest problem for me has been open field (playing very slow speed). I'll run around a guy and never touch him.

It's not because he's juking or doing a move, it's just (for some reason) I can't seem to get the player to contact him.

Never had a problem with this in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else having a hard time tackling?

I've found myself having this problem. I attribute it to me just not being use to the game. One thing I don't understand is the user-catch. Why do I hit catch and my defender or receiver never try for it?
Old 07-14-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ootm
I've found myself having this problem. I attribute it to me just not being use to the game. One thing I don't understand is the user-catch. Why do I hit catch and my defender or receiver never try for it?
This has been one of my biggest beefs... same thing happens on defense as well
Old 07-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuschler22
Biggest problem for me has been open field (playing very slow speed). I'll run around a guy and never touch him.

It's not because he's juking or doing a move, it's just (for some reason) I can't seem to get the player to contact him.

Never had a problem with this in the past.
Same issue for me to. That auto-sprint on has me running past the runner. Also you have to hit the tackle button (square for the ps3) to make the tackle.

Also i like auto sprint on so i just always hold down the strafe button until my defender is in position. I find when you hold down the strafe button, it keeps your player in better position and prevents the defender from auto sprinting
Old 07-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Rookie

fightn hokie's Arena

Ive found that if you have it on conservative BIT HIT and conservative STRIP, the Tackling is MUCH better!

In years past I would have Conservative/Balanced BIG HIT & AGGRESSIVE STRIP and Tackling was fine but in NCAA 13 5-6 guys couldnt bring down 1 man.

Try that adjustment and see if it helps...Ive noticed a Huge Difference. 1 Man will bring down another now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
Same issue for me to. That auto-sprint on has me running past the runner. Also you have to hit the tackle button (square for the ps3) to make the tackle.

Also i like auto sprint on so i just always hold down the strafe button until my defender is in position. I find when you hold down the strafe button, it keeps your player in better position and prevents the defender from auto sprinting
You don't have to hit the tackle button, but it could help if you are close enough to make the tackle.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

I feel like this game has more weight and you cannot just turn on a dime to do a tackle. Must be precise on your angle and not try and big hit every time. I also use conservative tackling because of my slider set.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

I'm fine on my angle to the ball carrier.

I think the auto-sprint is right. It's poorly done this year.

I'll give the conservative settings a try.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »