Home

Road to Glory issues..

This is a discussion on Road to Glory issues.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
Rookie

Pepsi017's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Road to Glory issues..

I have the same problem playing DB, Ive had plenty of chances to pick it off but nope he just stands there and lets the ball bounce off of him.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
Rookie

100% Texan's Arena

OVR: 0

it is frustrating seeing the cpu do all kinds of db catch animations when you go up against them but you can't do the same animations.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
Nice attempt little guy but I'm GREAT at playing DB because over the years it's practically all I play in RTG, even dating back to NFL 2K5 and the 3rd Person View I played DB. Even back in Tecmo Bowl I would create a DB it's what I do.

All that you said was cute, but does not apply. The game controls are broken plain and simple. I've had multiple balls thrown in the flats where I've had the greatest position you can EVER have as a DB to take it to the house only to have him stand there and do nothing.

Once again this is due to the fact they've watered down the controls, and DB reactions, so their trajectory gimmick can succeed. If you play DB like you claim there is no way you can deny this fact. It doesn't matter I'll be doing a video review where it WON'T be denied.
The guy was just trying to help. Could have criticized his remarks without putting him down while doing it.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #12
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

Anyone else actually like how hard it is to earn points now ? I do . For the past few years I've been able to throw interceptions and not care , been able to run and fumble and not care, this year is the first time I've actually played road to glory and had to be careful with what I'm doing and I love every second of it .
Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #13
Rookie

tuck243's Arena

OVR: 1

Yea, I'm playing as a Hard Hitting Strong Safety and barely get any INT's. I think I only have 2 for the year with one of them coming in simulated play... My best advice until you get your Jump attribute up is to jump into the flats or crossing routes...

I also notice on all Madden or NCAA games you can't press strafe, speed, and/or catch at the same time... It NEVER seems to work for me years in the past and currently doesn't either... I have to really use speed and/or strafe to get into position then release to catch the ball... With the slow down BS, it's sometimes helpful as I know if it's a handoff or not, but still is ridiculous...

Another thing, you HAVE to play this mode on the easiest settings in order to get your stats up defensively... The CPU rarely throws my way even if I try to bait him... At least on the Freshman I can cause havoc... Once I get my ratings up I'm going to change the difficulties though... Plus 5 min quarters are ridiculous...
Old 08-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
Nice attempt little guy but I'm GREAT at playing DB because over the years it's practically all I play in RTG, even dating back to NFL 2K5 and the 3rd Person View I played DB. Even back in Tecmo Bowl I would create a DB it's what I do.

All that you said was cute, but does not apply. The game controls are broken plain and simple. I've had multiple balls thrown in the flats where I've had the greatest position you can EVER have as a DB to take it to the house only to have him stand there and do nothing.

Once again this is due to the fact they've watered down the controls, and DB reactions, so their trajectory gimmick can succeed. If you play DB like you claim there is no way you can deny this fact. It doesn't matter I'll be doing a video review where it WON'T be denied.
I like to USE caps occasionally to SHOW that I MEAN business.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »