Home

The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition

This is a discussion on The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #49
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition

Very good thread. I'm learning all kinds of new things
Old 07-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Instead of editing speed and acceleration I just play on very slow or slow game speed. That is the only way to get players to feel like they have some weight to them without going through trouble of editing.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #51
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major9
Instead of editing speed and acceleration I just play on very slow or slow game speed. That is the only way to get players to feel like they have some weight to them without going through trouble of editing.
That isn't the same thing and not the point of the thread. The point of the thread is to get players and positions to play realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #52
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Skillz, last year you said that "75" unlocked special moves for RB's and Wr's. Do you find that to still be the case this year? Also, do you worry about player tendencies at all or is your concern more with getting the ratings right and allowing those to dictate what type of tendency a player has?
Old 07-22-2012, 01:04 AM   #53
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Skillz, last year you said that "75" unlocked special moves for RB's and Wr's. Do you find that to still be the case this year? Also, do you worry about player tendencies at all or is your concern more with getting the ratings right and allowing those to dictate what type of tendency a player has?
You can always get tendencies to drop or raise back up by changing other ratings that don't apply to that position.

For example: You can change a DB from a hard hitter simply by lowering their block shedding and power move ratings.

So yeah I still keep players at their correct tendency.

Far as special moves, so far as long as it isn't lower then 70 they will at least attempt it that move, but not as often compared to that rating being at 80 or higher.

But that might all change after EA start dropping their patches, like it did last year.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #54
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

im bumping this thread there are way to many locked ones and this thread is on page 11 haha yea right
Old 07-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #55
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Skillz, it'd be awesome if you could enlighten some of us about the screen sack issue and if any of your ratings changes have alleviated the problem. I hate having to patch crap up for EA year after year, but I just might have to. The sacks are really starting to get on my nerves. I've went by your AWR ratings for the QB too, and to no avail. I tried QB AWR at 99 and I swear to everything holy that it seemed to juice up the whole team. It was about ridiculous! Anyways, maybe you have a solution? If not I guess we are waiting on EA to MAYBE ... POSSIBLY fix this ... but ... I doubt it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #56
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Yes it is true the awareness level of the QB can give a boost or have a negative impact on the team depending on high or low that QB awareness rating is.

Far as screens......it is a 2 fold problem.

Problem # 1

Make sure the guards and Center blocking ratings are pretty good, along with giving them a high acceleration rating for they can get to the outside quicker. Give the QB high acceleration for they can back pedal quicker.

Problem # 2

The speed and acceleration rating of the defensive tackles. By default DTs are too fast. Me personally I keep their speed in the low to mid 60s, unless they 300 pounds, then I drop it down to the low 50s. Acceleration rating can not be higher then 76, unless they are an impact player.

I do the same thing acceleration wise for all the linebackers as well. Once a player has an acceleration rating in the 80s and above, their initial burst is crazy fast.

Once I did that, I have no problems with the CPU executing screens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »