Home

Road To Glory Too Hard/Broken For You {Yes/No/Maybe So}

This is a discussion on Road To Glory Too Hard/Broken For You {Yes/No/Maybe So} within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: RTG To Hard?? Broken??
Yes 34 65.38%
No 18 34.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #17
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW
Re: Road To Glory Too Hard/Broken For You {Yes/No/Maybe So}

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael
I havent gotten into college yet with my HB but ill be there shortly. Now I have to ask you this.. Do you really think the point system is totally wacked or do you think you can jar it out? Because I have a feeling that if the fault system lowers the points for the bad things you do, then it'll make it kinda easy, especially since your progressing at a normal rate with your Rb.
I think the point system is wacked. But I think you can work your way through it. I think the penalties are to harsh and the points gained during the position battles are too easily gained.

I think if the penalties were to be halved and the points during the position battles were to be halved, it would be decent.

Also, getting points taken away when someone on your team makesa mistake is wrong in my opinion. You are supposed to be gaining "Coach Trust". When another teammate does something wrong, your trust by your coach should not be waivered.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #18
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Also, getting points taken away when someone on your team makesa mistake is wrong in my opinion. You are supposed to be gaining "Coach Trust". When another teammate does something wrong, your trust by your coach should not be waivered.
And Im having problems with that as well. I think after playing a while, I think ive got it.

Coming into my Freshman season as a RB I can see the frustration, however, im progressing pretty well. Maybe its just me I suppose.. But besides the lineman not blocking well, I can make up the slack.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Finished my Varsity RTG QB with 31k passing yards, 350ish Passing TDs, but also 100 ints. This years game is hard due to the limited amount of audibles you can call and the D knowing your routes after about a quarter of play, but it is doable. Half of those ints were tips, open receivers who never put their hands up, did not break on the ball, DBs who did break on the ball from 40 yards away, or LBs who were 20 yards short of where I was throwing jumping 20 feet off the ground to snag the ball. Half of them were due to me throwing into coverage, but when you throw 55 balls a game that will happen 3-4 times, and every time they picked it off... every time.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

RTG had me so pissed off I almost threw my controller through the TV and returned the game. The PS3 rosters weren't ready so I decided to play some Road To Glory as a QB to see if it was any good, I'm usually Dynasty exclusive. The High School part was fun but they still don't really recruit you so it gets pretty stale pretty fast. Even on All-American I was dominating and it's such a limited playbook, I was bored after 2-3 games and that's 5min quarters only playing offense. OSU offered me but I didn't want to sit behind Braxton so I took the Stanford offer b/c it was a good team, in a good conference offering me the starting gig. I was the backup after one stinking practice.

Holding onto your starting position is impossible and then once you've lost it you never get it back. Here is a quick breakdon of the possible points you can get during your 25 rep practice:

Positives:
First Down +5
Yards gained +1-17
Touchdown +25

Negatives:
Sack -20
Fumble -50
Interception -100

So you can have 10-15 decent plays and a big play then have it all taken away in one play. The negatives are insanely lopsided and cripple your chances to advance. It would be less of an issue if interceptions weren't as plentiful and easy to come by as water. The biggest issue is that even if I try to throw away from a defender the CB/S actually go and fight for the ball or magically speed burst in front of the WR to make highlight reel catches. The WR just seems to go to where the ball is ignoring the fact that there is a CB undercutting him and the problem is that you as the user can do nothing about this because you can't control anyone but yourself. Not that it would matter possibly b/c I'm hearing this all over, only the CPU WR/CB/S/LB actually fight for the ball, human controlled teams just ignore everything.

If it was -10, -15, -20 it would still hurt but you wouldn't be crippled by the effects of a mistake, it's fricking practice anyway that's where mistakes are supposed to be made as you learn the playbook and try new things to see what works and what doesn't. By mid season I was a 91ovr with 98 throw power, 86 accuracy and 85 speed/accel backing up a 77ovr Sophomore and that is not realistic. I'd avoid practice altogether but I need the XP to continue to improve the best QB in the nation who isn't starting.

96 of 123 rosters were done as of Saturday morning and t be honest I hope they take another week or two because I don't even want to look at that fricking game right now. It's pissing me off all over again just writing about how stupid it is. I shouldn't have to play on Easy just to have a legitimate practice, they need to adjust their insanely stupid/lopsided point system.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #21
Rookie

Just played a game on Heisman as a RB, 12 carries 63 yards two touchdowns. Came in with 83 CT points left with 76.

Ridiculous.

There's no way anybody on the EA team actually played the mode to see if it made sense. Just made up arbitrary numbers for scoring and tossed them into the game. I feel like they literally walked into my bank account, took $60 and went on their way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #22
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpquick6
Just played a game on Heisman as a RB, 12 carries 63 yards two touchdowns. Came in with 83 CT points left with 76.

Ridiculous.

There's no way anybody on the EA team actually played the mode to see if it made sense. Just made up arbitrary numbers for scoring and tossed them into the game. I feel like they literally walked into my bank account, took $60 and went on their way.
I did happen to watch the power point presentation in the playbook section of RTG on the EA site. They did say it would take a long time to actually start. But you didnt do that bad. You came in with 83 and left with 76. not too bad considering it could be dramatically worse.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael
I did happen to watch the power point presentation in the playbook section of RTG on the EA site. They did say it would take a long time to actually start. But you didnt do that bad. You came in with 83 and left with 76. not too bad considering it could be dramatically worse.
Yea..not too bad in relation to the mode, which still doesen't make sense. You shouldn't be losing points at all with a performance like that. And now I don't return kicks. I would literally never start a game if I didn't start cheating the system (turn off autosave, if it looks like an unblocked LB is about to blast me, pause, quit practice, and do it all over again...this is how EA has forced me to play the game on Heisman lol).
Old 07-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #24
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

Yet Heishman mode seems to be the mode everyone keeps complaining about.. What mode did you play on last year then?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »