Home

NCAA13 Coach Mode Play Style

This is a discussion on NCAA13 Coach Mode Play Style within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #25
Rookie

Legaci3's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA13 Coach Mode Play Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns13
did someone do this?
I would join also if its on ps3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 10

I'm thinking of giving coach mode a try... Just wondering though, if I were to play as the OC, if I sim until we have the ball will the stats get all screwed up from the super sim??

I'm terrible at calling D plays, and I'd like to do a 2 team dynasty so just playing O and recruiting would be nice.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #27
Rookie

You can do that or you can just play as the Offensive coordinator as well. It won't mess that stats up. If I were you give coaching the D a try, just select plays under Ask Coach. They normally set you up with a good set based on yards to go that the offense has. I think you will get more enjoyment out of it that way and more realistic games as well. I tried the Offensive Coord mode last year and didn't like it, because I like to see what my defense is doing and have some sort of impact when I pick the play.

Let me know how you make out.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #28
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkerns
Hey all,
I'm a long time coach moder all the way back to NCAA 04. Only way I've ever played. Love the recruiting and game planning aspect of getting the right type of guys for the system I want to run and then calling the best plays to give them and the team the best chance for success.

Anyhow, some of you may recognize me as rkerns or Coach Kernzy over at TGT where I have a coach mode online dynasty for the 360 that I ran all last year for a good 10 seasons. So now that 13 is out I'm looking to infuse some new blood and enthusiasm into it.

Right now I'm use the sliders from ILiveforThis and Authentic that are posted here in the sliders sections and they are giving me great results right now in a test dynasty I've been running.

I figure I'll wait for the OS Community rosters and then get things ironed out and get started.

I've also got some tips and tricks over at TGT that mostly pertain to 12 but will also carry over to 13 so check that out if you wish.
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-and-some-tips

Glad to be talking coach mode with other guys that are interested. Let's keep it up.
This is very well done, good work. Would love to play in a coach mode dynasty with you!

Last year you couldn't do coach mode games against other users, i think you can this year, at least in play now games, i'm assuming it will work in OD too.

PSN Username: Smoothzilla
Old 07-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
This is very well done, good work. Would love to play in a coach mode dynasty with you!

Last year you couldn't do coach mode games against other users, i think you can this year, at least in play now games, i'm assuming it will work in OD too.
Can always just use the old school auto-pass coach mode which I prefer over the newer coach mode play style that EA implemented. I prefer the old to the new myself, some give and take with both but I mainly prefer the standard behind the offense camera angle to the new coach mode booth angle.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz

And of course if you want to get in the OD we'd love to have you. Just got the OS rosters so once we round everyone up over at TGT and get teams picked then we'll get going.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #31
Rookie

What system for the Dynasty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

I've loved coach mode for almost as long as I've been alive. The only problem was that I think coach mode in a lot of games is lacking (for example Madden). NCAA is probably one of my favorites in this regard, although nothing can beat College Hoops 2k8 for me.

That said, if there is a way to run a NCAA 13 Coach Mode dynasty on PS3, I'd be down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »