Home

Deep ball too easy, I know why.

This is a discussion on Deep ball too easy, I know why. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Deep ball too easy, I know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
This was more about the qb slider not working correctly than the coverage bug. But it seems people don't care about getting a sim game.

I'm not talking about overthrowing a wide open receiver. I'm talking about deep passes always going perfect.

If you watch a real game you will see that most Incompletes are not deflected or dropped.

They are overthrows. But I understand most people want an arcade game with a lot of scoring.

Don't blame me for wanting a realistic football game.

As I said some likes an arcade game. Others like sims games. I'm asking for ea to fix the qb acc slider to the same effectiveness as the practice, or as last years. So sim players can have a good passing game with deeps being hard to complete.
I understand what you're saying, book - the sliders in practice mode are not true representation of what they are in play now or dynasty mode.

It's been this way for a couple years now, sadly. It'd be really nice if the QBA rating of 5 actually meant 5, not 40 in-play now/dynasty.

As far as the deep ball is concerned, the animations, imho, are stuck in two minds. The read and react follows the receiver - and instead of the head turning with the body when the receiver is about to past - the dbs stop and turn their entire side to face the movement of the receiver...by then - it's 2 animations too late.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I understand what you're saying, book - the sliders in practice mode are not true representation of what they are in play now or dynasty mode.

It's been this way for a couple years now, sadly. It'd be really nice if the QBA rating of 5 actually meant 5, not 40 in-play now/dynasty.

As far as the deep ball is concerned, the animations, imho, are stuck in two minds. The read and react follows the receiver - and instead of the head turning with the body when the receiver is about to past - the dbs stop and turn their entire side to face the movement of the receiver...by then - it's 2 animations too late.
Yes. This is exactly what I mean.

Thank you.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, playing on AA both in coach and regular mode I see deep passes being defended, going short, going long, intercepted, etc. both on my side and the AI side of the ball. I can not tell you how many times the game is described as a "defensive masterpiece" or "if you are an offensive guru, you sure were disappointed in the first half" or "maybe these two teams will get some separation" by the announcing team because of all the 3 and outs on both sides. I pretty much only run man coverage, be it cover 1,2 or blitz and depending on the teams playing, I've seen all kinds of games. And when it comes for going for it on 4th, I rarely do. Matter of fact, I have the highest Sportsmanship rating of any player on the PS3. Then again, maybe I suck, but I am seeing pretty real looking games and having a blast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #12
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Yes. This is exactly what I mean.

Thank you.
Maybe you should flesh out your testing better. 7/10 passes were "perfect"? What does this mean? What pattern or patterns did your receiver run? What quarterback did you use? Were all of the throws flat-footed with no pressure? Did you do bullets, medium and soft touch passes? Lead passes?

I've never considered the sliders to affect performance in an all-or-nothing way. I always took them, especially with sliders like QB accuracy, to increase or decrease margin-of-error. For instance, throws on the run, throws under pressure, and lead passing seem to be where the accuracy slider most comes into play. That's fine with me. There should still be miscues even when the QB is set and has time, but for the most part, even the mediocre ones will hit their target.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Maybe you should flesh out your testing better. 7/10 passes were "perfect"? What does this mean? What pattern or patterns did your receiver run? What quarterback did you use? Were all of the throws flat-footed with no pressure? Did you do bullets, medium and soft touch passes? Lead passes?

I've never considered the sliders to affect performance in an all-or-nothing way. I always took them, especially with sliders like QB accuracy, to increase or decrease margin-of-error. For instance, throws on the run, throws under pressure, and lead passing seem to be where the accuracy slider most comes into play. That's fine with me. There should still be miscues even when the QB is set and has time, but for the most part, even the mediocre ones will hit their target.
I thew 10 passes in game deep (Streak Pattern) and 7 of 10 were right in the WR hand every single time.

In real life it`s not that easy for a QB to put the deep ball in the WR hands in middle of the game.
Specially with a QB of 68Ovr. It is easier to complete deep passes rather than Short/medium passes.

Send him to the NFL! ja
Old 07-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I thew 10 passes in game deep (Streak Pattern) and 7 of 10 were right in the WR hand every single time.

In real life it`s not that easy for a QB to put the deep ball in the WR hands in middle of the game.
Specially with a QB of 68Ovr. It is easier to complete deep passes rather than Short/medium passes.

Send him to the NFL! ja
10 passes just isn't enough of a sample. Also, streaks would probably be one of the easier routes since it is just a straight line. Why don't you try some other deep routes and see what happens? Also, what do you consider deep? How far from the LoS is the receiver when he catches it?

Your QB is a 68, but what are his throwing ratings?

This still sounds like more of a problem with CPU play calling/coverage to me. Even if you are making perfect throws, you shouldn't be able to comple that many "deep" passes for the mere reason that most of the time such a simple route should be covered.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
MVP

booker21's Arena

EA just make the qb acc slider effective enough so if I set qb at 0 I complete 0 passes and if I set 100 I make a perfect throw every time.

This way all user will be able to meet what they think is a perfect sim game.

We are not going to agree what is sim ans what is not
But that is the reason of sliders so we all can tweak the game we want. Currently they way it is. 0 is not 0 in game is like 40 as matt said. Not effective enough.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
EA just make the qb acc slider effective enough so if I set qb at 0 I complete 0 passes and if I set 100 I make a perfect throw every time.

This way all user will be able to meet what they think is a perfect sim game.

We are not going to agree what is sim ans what is not
But that is the reason of sliders so we all can tweak the game we want. Currently they way it is. 0 is not 0 in game is like 40 as matt said. Not effective enough.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
I do not really know how to test what you are saying by I'm a good user controller so most deep balls I user anyways. Can you test these sliders with what you are doing and tell me if it is still happening to you?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lider-set.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »