Home

Deep ball too easy, I know why.

This is a discussion on Deep ball too easy, I know why. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Deep ball too easy, I know why.

Since we got the game some complain because the deep coverage was really bad. Which is true. It looks like the CPU is setting the coverage aggressive zones and thus make safetys come closer to the los leaving the we wide open.

But also there is another problem. Qb are being too accurate on deep passes. I throw 10!deep passes and 7/10 where perfect passes.

Ea needs to make qb acc slider more effective or at least make it work as in practice.

If you want to try it, go into practice and set qb acc at 0 and qb will miss almost all passes.
Same setting in game and qb are as effective as I explained above.

Hopefully ea patch this so we can have a happy medium.

I know some says that there are no problems but I do know there are others who feel the same way I do.

Fix the qb slider
Fix the deep coverage Agresive zone

And this game will be a beast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Deep ball too easy, I know why.

What was wrong with the CPU Zone Aggressiveness thread? Did we really need a new one?
Old 07-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't think its something EA is going to do anything about...people want an exciting game and going back and forth in a barn burner is what many people want in a football game. They don't want realism.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

It's pretty easy to throw perfect passes to wide open receivers. That isn't the problem.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
I don't think its something EA is going to do anything about...people want an exciting game and going back and forth in a barn burner is what many people want in a football game. They don't want realism.
This seems to be true. The once favored hard core fans don't see any real improvements like many other franchises like NBA 2k13 or MLB the show.

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1112881. This seems an accurate assessment.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

The last thing I wanna see is Madden 12 esque throwing the ball out of bounds every time you throw deep. I think we should stick to trying to make the coverage better as opposed to making the quarterback miss wide open recievers by throwing to the sidelines all the time.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

I don't think it's a CPU aggressiveness problem as my deep guys in quarters will also just continue to back pedal while the WRs go streaking by them and I don't have my gameplanning on aggressive.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 07-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

This was more about the qb slider not working correctly than the coverage bug. But it seems people don't care about getting a sim game.

I'm not talking about overthrowing a wide open receiver. I'm talking about deep passes always going perfect.

If you watch a real game you will see that most Incompletes are not deflected or dropped.

They are overthrows. But I understand most people want an arcade game with a lot of scoring.

Don't blame me for wanting a realistic football game.

As I said some likes an arcade game. Others like sims games. I'm asking for ea to fix the qb acc slider to the same effectiveness as the practice, or as last years. So sim players can have a good passing game with deeps being hard to complete.

Last edited by booker21; 07-15-2012 at 01:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »