Home

EA's ISSUE IS THE LACK OF SLIDERS

This is a discussion on EA's ISSUE IS THE LACK OF SLIDERS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 19
EA's ISSUE IS THE LACK OF SLIDERS

By now it should be common knowledge that what separates a great sports title from a mediocre sports title is sliders.
EA's football titles have gone far too long without giving the user more sliders. Every year its the same basic set that no one user can perfectly tweak.
EA football lacks sliders when compared to the current generation of great sports title.
Another example would be, MLB 2k. This series started to slip when they took away the majority of the sliders. Compare any MLB 2k title prior to 08 to the latest additions, and then compare the last 3 years slider set to SHOWS.
EA football titles compare this to the 2k5. By now EA should be offering us similar sliders.
I personally don’t think the lack luster game play has anything to do with the engine. It's definitely not the animations.
It’s not the technology of the current gen consoles. There are plenty of quality games out there that prove this.
Im convinced its the lack of sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: EA's ISSUE IS THE LACK OF SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
By now it should be common knowledge that what separates a great sports title from a mediocre sports title is sliders.
EA's football titles have gone far too long without giving the user more sliders. Every year its the same basic set that no one user can perfectly tweak.
EA football lacks sliders when compared to the current generation of great sports title.
Another example would be, MLB 2k. This series started to slip when they took away the majority of the sliders. Compare any MLB 2k title prior to 08 to the latest additions, and then compare the last 3 years slider set to SHOWS.
EA football titles compare this to the 2k5. By now EA should be offering us similar sliders.
I personally don’t think the lack luster game play has anything to do with the engine. It's definitely not the animations.
It’s not the technology of the current gen consoles. There are plenty of quality games out there that prove this.
Im convinced its the lack of sliders
For me sliders are the same as ratings.

why have more if the current one doesn`t work or in game doesn`t show any effect?

I prefer less but visible working than a lot and none do noting.

Run Blocking Footwork, Pass Blocking Footwork, Pass block strengh, Run Block strengh.

When you play a game you see DE 57ovr beating LT 90ovr

Just maje Pass blocking and Run Blocking but make them work correclty instead of keep adding more and more ratings that doesn`t have an impact in the game.

Same theory for me is for sliders.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Some of the best sports games over the years didn't have sliders.
Glad we have them but they are in no way some master key to greatness.
In fact I bet 60% of all sliders do absolutely nothing. Placebo affect....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Sliders are nothing but a band aide......What separates a great game from an average or bad game is CPU AI.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Sliders are nothing but a band aide......What separates a great game from an average or bad game is CPU AI.
More like stitches - band-aids fall off. With the right sliders for your game, you will enjoy this game more than without.

I agree with you regarding CPU AI though. I wish we could just adjust CPU sliders - I bet we'd have a more balanced game, with less managing things that should work out of the box.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 13

All this is another reason why PC version would be a lot better. With the "free" modifications that other people can make, it would feel more like football than these so called developers make. Which is why teu want to continue to put these football games on closed systems.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 07-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

They simply can't make the sliders work correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »