Home

Looking for a team high in tradition who have fallen on hard times

This is a discussion on Looking for a team high in tradition who have fallen on hard times within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #41
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Looking for a team high in tradition who have fallen on hard times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComebackDylan
I've been having the strongest urge to play as Syracuse, regardless if they play in a dome and aren't the Orangemen anymore.

Right after Virginia and Navy, I think it's time. Thanks pal

You'll need to recruit a bruising full back to relive the glory.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #42
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Army is a good pick. Won a few National Titles back in the day. They have fantastic jersey selections. You have to like the option though. If you dislike the option, you'll probably dislike this team.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #43
Rookie

SHSMoss30's Arena

OVR: 3

When I read the title of this thread I instantly thought of Ole Miss (not a shot at the in-state rival). They had a great run in the late 50's and early 60's under legendary coach Johnny Vaught in which they claimed 3 national championships. They have had success as recently as 2009 when they won their 2nd consecutive Cotton Bowl and 3rd of the decade. They have several quality players on current NFL rosters (Eli Manning, Patrick Willis, Mike Wallace, Michael Oher and others). However they are now a 2-star school on NCAA with a brand new coach. Rebuilding in the super-tough SEC West could be a fun challenge.

Other teams that came to mind were Tennesse, UCLA and Colorado.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #44
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0

For my dynasty I picked UCLA. Get to play a Pac 12 schedule, can try and recruit against the likes of USC, Oregon, San Diego State, Cal, and all the other great teams in California. It's actually pretty fun trying to rebuild a program like UCLA to it's former glory, back to the Troy Aikman days of old. I'm also thinking about starting a franchise with the Washington Huskies, Kentucky Wildcats, Tennessee Volunteers, or Toledo Rockets.

Won't have to worry about recruiting in the likes of the SEC with teams like Alabama, LSU, and Georgia over there lol
Old 07-16-2012, 02:40 PM   #45
Rookie

In '12, I used UNLV. Started out Rated 66 in all categories. Played on All American using Oregons playbook. Went 11-1 my first year taking us to the Orange Bowl against Boston College who was 8-4 (have no idea how they ended up there) and beat them. Pulled in some nice recruits (mostly 3 star) went 10-2 the following year going to the Las Vegas Bowl against USC, pulled in some more nice recruits, a couple 4 stars this time but still mostly 3 star.

Just keep chipping away at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #46
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROL Jamas
Who would have thought that Colorado fan would yearn for the Joel Klatt era? As depressing as me yearning for the Zac Taylor era.

Colorado, Washington, and Minnesota would be my top 3. I would also suggest Washington State, as people seem to forget that the team went to multiple Rose Bowls at the end of the 90's and the beginning of the 2000's, and was a perennial Top 15 team for about 5-8 years. Then again, the entire Pac 12 outside of Oregon and USC could be defined as a team that at one point was really good if not great, but currently is mediocre - in the past 15 years, even. UCLA, Cal, Arizona, Arizona State, Washington, Washington State, and Oregon State have all had a bit of big national success in that time frame. Really, stick west and you can't go wrong :-P
Yes on WSU. I just started a dynasty with them. Undefeated at the moment in the first season. Next game is #1 Oregon though.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #47
Rookie

Kansas State was pretty good in the late 90's/early 2000's, and are starting to get back on track with coach Bill Snyder's return. Player-wise, Colin Klein (QB #7) is a more polished Tebow, the receivers are pretty solid, Arthur Brown (MLB #4) and Ty Zimmerman (FS #2) patrol the defence. They are only a 3 star and play in the Big XII, land of underachieving Oklahomans and Texans.
Bruins-6 Stanley Cups
33 championship parades
Boston>New York>LA
Old 07-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #48
Rookie

MFarrer74's Arena

OVR: 2

The University of Virginia would be a good choice. They're becoming very good and they have a great head coach in Mike London.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »