Home

Why is this forum Pro-Hate?

This is a discussion on Why is this forum Pro-Hate? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Banned

LastChanceAvalanche's Arena

OVR: 0
Why is this forum Pro-Hate?

I'm not talking about people hating on the game (I get that, you're disappointed) I'm talking about how whenever a thread pops up trying to give the game praise it gets shut down by a mod who states something along the lines of "Uh Ooooh, don't say something positive about this game, those kinds of posts belong in the impressions thread"

and yet hundreds of threads talking about how bad/glitchy/wishlist are allowed to be started and flourish....why is this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why is this forum Pro-Hate?

i assume they close the threads that will potentially turn in to one giant **** fight.

the crowd that bashes ea just to simply voice a moot point will start screaming if they get wind of anyone potentially enjoying the new product.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

Because there is already an "impressions" sticky that ppl can post to?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Banned

LastChanceAvalanche's Arena

OVR: 0

people can post their negative impressions their too though, which is why i'm confused as to what can stay and what has to be shut down
Old 07-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
MVP

I think it's easier to have a whole thread about a negative thing since people can discuss the problem than it is to have a thread about a positive thing since at that point all that can happen is A) people agree or B) people disagree and it turns into a negative thread.

There are a few positive ones where a new feature justifies it though, like the gem/bust thread.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
Rookie

DSGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
the crowd that bashes ea just to simply voice a moot point will start screaming if they get wind of anyone potentially enjoying the new product.
That's an amazing straw man you've erected there. Well done. I'll take a stab that's a little less loaded and biased.

My guess is that, especially in the first month or so after release, there are always bugs with NCAA. And being able to vocalize what bugs you're seeing, how it's affecting your ability to enjoy the game, etc. might actually result in a fix. This might result in you actually being able to enjoy the game fully. So bug and glitch discussions are often useful to the community or to EA.

On the flipside threads that praise the game effusively often come off as being combative. I personally don't care if people enjoy the game. If your experience is bug free then that's great. However, I don't think it should matter to you personally if someone else is having an issue with the game.

That's my guess based on years of being here. But your straw man implicating the OS mods of being biased may be more correct. Who knows.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'dl love to see a thread for people who don't like the game so they can say what they think is wrong with it and a thread for people who like the game so they can say what they like about it, but the current system works to funnel all comments into a single thread.

That's a pretty efficient system, so I wouldn't take it as an insult of you get redirected to the impressions thread. People read that thread before buying the game, so having the whole gamut of opinions in there can be useful to them, even if the at times overwhelming negativity can be grating.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

This forum isn't pro hate, we are just anti clutter. We don't need multiple threads of people giving their IMPRESSION of the game, whether it is good or bad. That is why there is a dedicated impression thread at the top of the forum.

Have an impression - good or bad post it there.

This isn't a popularity contest, so why people go counting how many like game posts or bad game posts is beyond me. You either like the game or you don't. Post your impression in the impression thread and move on.

No need to justify or defend your point of view either, which I see far too many people in the impression thread do as well. But anyway, that is why they close threads down, LESS CLUTTER makes for a better looking website.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »