Home

Never cared enough, until now

This is a discussion on Never cared enough, until now within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Rookie

virgil's Arena

OVR: 4
Never cared enough, until now

I've been playing EA Football since 2k5 went away. No choice, right? Yes, it was different, but i'm a huge football fan and would play techno bowl if they would update the rosters.

With that, I don't know if i'm in the majority or not, but I buy both NCAA and Madden every year with the same goal in mind. Make Cuse a dynasty, then take over Buffalo and do the same. Then, about 10 years in, play madden and draft as many as my own players as possible. The imports were never great, the games rarely changed much, but it still filled my football needs.

However, this year is just killing me. NCAA, from my limited experience, seems to be the same game as last year, besides a few minor tweaks. The precision passing is nice though. But then I read about waiting for next gen consoles for major changes. Seriously?

Then, I actually try to play the game for what I want, and I can't make it through week 2 without games locking up and having to reset the xbox. I've tried cloud support on multiple systems, different copies of the game, everything and I can't continue my dynasty. And even when I can, I can't export my players to Madden?

I'm at the point where I really do wonder if the fans are thought of when these games are made. I'm seeing thousands of people with this freezing issue to question if they even test the game in real environments. They take out draft classes, which...seriously? The game has had limited engine upgrades in years. And they are trying to sell almost $40 in add-ons for the games, to make it better?

This, all of this, is why I can't support monopolies or exclusive rights to games for sports. There is no accountability and the fans suffer. This is as bad as I've seen it.

Now, go ahead. Grill me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Never cared enough, until now

for how little they changed in dynasty they sure did mess up a whole lot
Old 07-16-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm pretty much right there with you, I'm just not very vocal on this board. I'm back to playing 11 b/c I thought it was brilliant. Yea, sure I'm missing dreads, some team intros, and a few animations, and game breaks, but the game is solid (and I get Pro-Tak!). Other than the hassle of updating my rosters (which I'm currently doing), there's no reason to think I won't be playing 11 for years.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 07-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

Sorry but, this should be closed. This is exactly what the Impressions Thread at the top of the forum is for.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Rookie

virgil's Arena

Maybe, but the intent is in regards to impressions. It's about the company and customer experience as a whole.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil
Maybe, but the intent is in regards to impressions. It's about the company and customer experience as a whole.

part of the reason why this game experience is so frustrating is because EA spends tons of time prerelease hyping the game, and once the game comes out and it's a horrible mess they disappear

all they say is "they're looking into it"

like i said, i need one of the magic "reviewer" copies that doesn't crash
Old 07-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
Rookie

bucsman80's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes, It's same game from last year. Now it got BUGS, The first time put in my ps3 in froze. Come'on man $60 blown. I will never pre-order ea game, again. I really just want solid gameplay and details to graphic game, meaning just kept it REAL.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've learned my lesson. these past two years I just waited to read some reviews. After reading, I decided its not worth it... Huge CFB fan, but i dont want to buy to wait for tuner #1, Patch #1, Patch # 2, Patch #3 (to fix patch #1 and 2). I just hate how they market crap like heisman and motion blur. Why cant they just fix gameplay.
Played the demo and thought "i already have this game... i bought it from 2003-2011"...
As always... there's always next year
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »