Home

OMG look what happened thread

This is a discussion on OMG look what happened thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: OMG look what happened thread

My most surpising moment so far I was on D - 4th and 8 after a big stop on my 45. I was up by 3 with ~5 mins to go. I line up expecting the punt...and to my complete shock the CPU actually called the fake punt pass - and completed it for a TD. I think its the first time i've ever seen the CPU call a fake punt pass and complete it on me. They usually try the fake punt run for -5 yards...
Old 07-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Playing as UB in year one dynasty. First game in Athens against #6 Georgia, lots of defense and 9 total interceptions between the 2 teams. Took them to OT. I had the first possession and they stripped my QB and recovered. They scored a TD easily to win 23-17.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #19
Rookie

Sendak44's Arena

OVR: 2

I didn't buy NCAA for the first time since 98. That's an OMG moment, right?

Being a smarta__ aside, this thread is lighting the fire in me again. This time of year just doesn't feel right without the game lol
NHL - San Jose Sharks
NCAA - UOP Tigers - RIP 1995 :(
EPL - Newcastle United FC
Old 07-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #20
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondn96
I won 58-56 in 5 OT. Both teams combined scored 8 touchdowns in overtime. It came down to a missed 2pt conversion. Best game I've ever played in NCAA.
I had a 4OT deathmatch with one of my good friends in our online dynasty last year. Crazy game. It was the Big 10 champ game, basically playing for a spot in the Nat'l title. I was Wisc, he was Penn St, solid defensive game. I think 10-10 when it went into OT. Both of us had forced 3-ish turnovers. He won, by the 2-pt conversion. I didn't get mine, he did.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #21
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7

in my RTG as a CB for Syracuse we upset #1 ranked USC. 21-10 i believe is what the final score was. Orange only allowing 10 points against Barkley and the Trojans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #22
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Okay, I have two moments, but both of mine come from NCAA 12 (i am still playing it and waiting until the weekend before the real season so we get all the latest patches, uniforms, and rosters before starting my 13 dynasty). A few years in, I had made some massive conference changes and made them more geographically based. So, the ACC was mostly Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia, and the North/South Carolinas. I was highly ranked, around 3-4, and was visiting a .500 team in Kentucky. I controlled the whole game, going into the 4th quarter with a 21-3 lead. They end up storming back and tying the game up, sending it into overtime at 24-24. We go to not 1, not 2, not even 3, 4, or 5, but 6 overtimes before we bank a field goal off the right upright and threw for 3, and then on Kentucky's possession, Kyle Fuller jumps a stop route at the sideline and picks it off to secure the victory. In this game, Logan Thomas had 8 total touchdowns, with 5 of them coming on the ground. One of the most fun games I have EVER played in my life.

However, it did not top this next game. The awesome part? I had another game 2 weeks later after this game against West Virginia (@ west virginia), and I got ABSOLUTELY molested by WVU, as their running back ran for over 400 yards and had 8...yes 8 touchdowns against me. We ended up crawling back into the game, and I stormed back to win 77-76 in an absolute thriller. However, in terms of mood swings, this game right here is probably my best ever with the sheer fact that i even counted myself out at the end of the game, and somehow, someway dug scratched and clawed my way back. I actually made a post for this one with videos and pictures for proof, so if you guys want a good read, check this out:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2043580416
77-76?! Do you play on Varsity with the worst defense ever?
Old 07-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #23
Rookie

NDGipper32's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well, that answers a question I had. I played one game using UTSA against and FCS team and went up 31-0 at halftime. UTSA is rated too highly for what they are. UTSA plays 5 FCS teams in their schedule. With Soza rated as a 75 overall, he is going to put up those numbers. I have a feeling their ratings are going to have to come down to match a typical generic FCS team....
a typical generic FCS team? They aren't typical, generic, or an FCS team. They are an FBS team. If they have one player who plays like it, fine. Their team, and its roster are just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turducken34
Playing as UB in year one dynasty. First game in Athens against #6 Georgia, lots of defense and 9 total interceptions between the 2 teams. Took them to OT. I had the first possession and they stripped my QB and recovered. They scored a TD easily to win 23-17.
This may be a silly question perhaps, but who is UB?

Current Dynasties ('14):
Playing: Year 6, New Mexico State Aggies 0-0. Week 1.

('11)
Idle: Year 9, Notre Dame Fighting Irish 0-0. Preseason.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #24
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDGipper32
This may be a silly question perhaps, but who is UB?
University at Buffalo I'm assuming. (Yes it is "at" Buffalo and not "of")

I was playing online as Illinois against Nebraska. I scored with about :15 seconds left in the half. I kick off and the guy moves it up to about his forty and then does the hail mary. I pick it off around by 15 yard line and weave and dodge through his entire team to take it all the way back for a Pick 6. Unfortunately, this pissed him off so much that he quit, and as it was ranked, I couldn't save the replay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »