Home

OMG look what happened thread

This is a discussion on OMG look what happened thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #33
Rookie

KillerNuts's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OMG look what happened thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
My most surpising moment so far I was on D - 4th and 8 after a big stop on my 45. I was up by 3 with ~5 mins to go. I line up expecting the punt...and to my complete shock the CPU actually called the fake punt pass - and completed it for a TD. I think its the first time i've ever seen the CPU call a fake punt pass and complete it on me. They usually try the fake punt run for -5 yards...
Fake punt run works really well if you're in a return formation.
www.traditionsportsonline.com
Old 07-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #34
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

Posted it in a couple threads but my second game of the season with Tulsa, in what was supposed to be kind of a guaranteed win situation against UMass, (couldn't bring myself to schedule an FCS team). Figured I would get healthy against them before Conference play in my Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana version of the Big 12.

After handling Western Michigan in Week 1 31-14, thought for sure this would be a cake walk.

Game starts out with us trading TD's and it's 21-21 after the 1st quarter. Fine, the last game was 14-14 after the 1st quarter and things settled down.

Instead the game goes this way all game, kick returns for TD's, Pick 6's, long passes, long runs, just an absolute lack of defense save for turnovers.

Anyway, I score with 2 minutes left to make it 56-56 and I am thinking I am screwed for a bowl game if UMass is this hard. They drive down the field and with 15 seconds, I stop them, but on my 15. They had missed a chip shot earlier, so I was hoping it would be the same. As soon as it gets out from the cut scene, ball is snapped, no time to even ice the kicker. They make it and I am pissed! More about not being able to ice the kicker than them actually making it.

They kick off and I decide to return the kick, I get out to my 45 almost breaking one away. 2 seconds left, I throw up a prayer on a crossing route, my guys jumps up and catches it on the 20 as the DB falls down and he walks into the endzone...Tulsa wins 63-59.

I lost to Oregon State the next game, but have beaten Kansas State and Texas since. Weird, but I love it!!
Old 07-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #35
Banned

Aoyoc's Arena

OVR: 4

In Dynasty, Oklahoma lost their first game vs UTEP, 40-7. LSU was also 5-4 at one point in the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #36
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
77-76?! Do you play on Varsity with the worst defense ever?
All American, and I use custom sliders from this forum. I think I am using SEC Elite's. These aren't normal by any means, these two games were standouts from 7 years of normal-scored games. I have a dynasty I posted for ncaa 11 in my sig, go in there if you want to see what my games were like. I don't play easy games. How do you think the CPU scored so many points on me??

Old 07-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #37
Rookie

r7carlson's Arena

OVR: 1

Playing in my Central Michigan dynasty against #8 MSU. I was down 26-14 with about 3 min left. I scored to cut it to 26-21 with about 1:30 left. Lineup for the onside kick and recover it (this is possibly the first time I've ever recovered against the CPU.) I take the lead with about 35 sec left to go up 27-26 but miss the 2 point conversion. MSU starts their drive with about 30 sec left, all 3 TO's and the ball at about their 30. I gave up a decent gain and they're around the 45 and I'm getting nervous. Incomplete pass on the next play. There's now about 15 sec left in the game. They get another big chunk and get down to about my 40 yard line and call timeout with 7 sec left and they still have 1 TO remaining. Certainly they are going to throw a short route and get the FG for the win.... Wrong. I called a cover 3 as I didn't want to lay off too much in a prevent defense. Well of course they chuck it deep and I'm out manned 3 guys to 2 and they come down with the pass with 1 sec left. It was worthy of a controller spike, but I was able to contain myself.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

playing as the u vs florida online on release night. Im down 23-0 with the half ending on a 60 yard fg try by him. He misses it short and i take it back 108 yards and come back and win 42-23...he quit so i couldnt get a replay which stinks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »