Home

Sometimes too much fancy presentation is a bad idea

This is a discussion on Sometimes too much fancy presentation is a bad idea within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0
Sometimes too much fancy presentation is a bad idea

So here I am. I'm Washington State, 4-0 thus far. Hosting #1 Oregon. Three minutes to go in the 4th Quarter and I'm up 17-0. Oregon is charging down the field though. They get a big first down, and GUESS WHAT? STUDIO ******* UPDATE . Of course, the game freezes. right as the animation going into the studio update begins. Then, the killer: my audio dies. Almost pile-drove my Xbox. Now I just don't even want to play this dynasty anymore and I'm only 4 games into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
That sucks. Hasn't happened to me but I dont think they should do away with studio updates. I don't like all the cutscenes in between plays.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sometimes too much fancy presentation is a bad idea

I know they're trying to make playing the game exactly like watching it on TV. My view has always been that if I want to watch a game, I'll turn the TV on. If I want to play a game, I'll turn my Xbox on. The players on the field don't see studio updates or replays upon replays.

What's next? Commercials that we have to sit through and watch?
Old 07-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

presentation wise, i don't need cutscenes or any of that crap. all i want is stat overlays and commentary that flows.

something i wish ea would consider is fake announcers. i know real announcers like kirk herbstreit add to the realism factor, but bring in a couple fake announcers and have them record stuff all year and have good chemistry and flow. id be chill with that
Old 07-17-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

What you don't like the qb and wr doing the move where they cpgrab hands five times a game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 01:01 AM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I'd like to see things like studio updates be options you can turn off if you'd like to.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've had the same happen to me once. I cleaned out my hard drive, installed the game to the hard drive and cleared my cache and I haven't had an issue since.

Still though, I really don't care for the ESPN overlays and the cut scenes. I skip through them cause my mind is on the game I'm playing. I forget the ticker is a the bottom of the screen too. If I could take or leave it, I'd leave it.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #8
Rookie

TheDeuce's Arena

OVR: 3

The updates are great in theory, lame in practice. If they had actual highlights it would be amazingly cool. As it stands, it adds as much to the game as the two or three comments Erin Andrews rotates saying after halftime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »