Home

Passing tips/hints

This is a discussion on Passing tips/hints within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
Rookie

Kevin1177's Arena

OVR: 2
Passing tips/hints

I recently started a dynasty with UCLA and their spread offense. I'm playing on varsity but I'm just awful at passing. I usually throw 3-4 ints a game. I know to wait for the icons to glow and what not but any more advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
Rookie

pdandi1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Passing tips/hints

run shorter routes such as drags, flares, screens, slants...things to make the defense play more underneath zones. Try to find mismatches. For instance, in your shotgun formations, select the "strong slots" package to set your best receivers against nickel and dime backs. Try to move your RB out in the slot to get more speed and another treat that might be lined up against a LB. Another way to get an advantage is to run an underneath route with a streak or post going over it. For instance, if you have a slot guy running an out, and your wide out is running a streak or a post, pump fake to the guy running the out (the slot guy) and try to get the corner or safety to bite on the coverage.

Pretty much the moral of the story is to get as many mismatches as possible. Take advantage of a team that lacks depth, especially with the fact that receivers are actually dangerous in this years game.

Hope I could help!
Old 07-17-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Drag routs are your friend. Look at the middle slant play in the empty spread formation, I use that play with DAT running the drag and Lyerla running the slant in my Oregon Dynasty and it's deadly.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
Rookie

Str0mTropper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1177
I recently started a dynasty with UCLA and their spread offense. I'm playing on varsity but I'm just awful at passing. I usually throw 3-4 ints a game. I know to wait for the icons to glow and what not but any more advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
The pump fake actually works this year. I can't tell you how many times I had my slot run a post corner and my #1 run a fly. And if you pump fake as the slot is cutting the safety will jump it like crazy. Especially if you completed it a couple times.

Leaves your #1 WR 1on1 with the DB.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:53 AM   #5
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

plays with crossing concepts are great, generally someone is gonna get open after the cross takes place

look at mesh, or the shallow cross series. i love those plays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #6
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

Make sure your feet are set as much as possible. Before the play, pick out 2-3 routes that you think will get you a completion. Go through the progression of those routes. If nothing is available scramble and get some yards on the ground or get the ball thrown away. Don't try to force anything. Lead the passes away from your defenders. Draws are your friend and keep the defense honest.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #7
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1177
Not true. You can throw before their icon lights up if you have the timing of the route down. Say a guy is running a 10 and in, w/ out the psychic DB's this year, you can throw the ball before the WR makes his cut, preferably w/ touch and not a bullet pass, so that when he turns, the ball is on the way. This eliminates the DB being able to do anything because by the time he sees the ball, it's in your receivers hands.

Go to practice mode and pick one play w/ an In route... practice against Man, then Cover 2, then Cover 3, then a blitz and so on... get the timing down. Once you get that route down, move on to another one. Before long, you'll be passing w/ no problem.

Oh wait... there is one problem... EA still has WR's that are looking right at the ball who make no effort to try and catch the ball and instead the ball hits them right in the facemask. This doesn't happen nearly as often as it did last year, but it's still inexcusable.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
Rookie

How do I audible my TE to an outside post route in '13? This was my bread & butter audible in '12. This year he runs inside and then outside (basically an out route) when I audible to a post . . .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »