Home

Im tired of it! Running game..

This is a discussion on Im tired of it! Running game.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #17
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
For those who haven't tried already, turning auto sprint off seams to make finding holes and easier as well help the RBs play more to their attributes.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #18
Rookie

Re: Im tired of it! Running game..

Im playing on heisman difficulty and I am having no problems running the ball.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #19
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I've played better hitting turbo once I hit the hole. If I don't the defensive players disengage and get me for a short gain or nothing.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #20
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Didn't get hardly anything to the outside when guards pulled. They always over ran the guy they should have blocked and got me tackled for a loss.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #21
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

I've noticed this as well. Not surprised that o linemen block their running back better than they do the defense. The runner gets hung up on the back of a blocker as if he's stuck to him. Happens more often when you try to overextend your block instead of making a move past him. Seems to be worse when the QB tries to scramble through the pocket as opposed to around it because the blocking protection leaves little room to manuever without getting stuck on one of them.

It really only bothers me when I get caught behind the blocker chopping it up in place against nobody rather than moving forward. In any case, I've managed to cut down on the problem by not trying to run up on top of the blocker or juking if I see its unavoidable.

Last edited by dreezymac; 07-17-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes, this is another issue especially considering how fast running lanes open and close. Then to have your lineman not only block your lane but to get caught on them is just frustrating.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:03 AM   #23
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

Turn USER Running Ability up to 80. Turn USER Run Blocking down to 5.

CPU Rush Defense to 5. CPU Tackling to 5.

This is on Heisman settings.

If you're running on All-American, turn USER Running Ability to 65. USER Run Blocking to 5.

DO NOT hold speed button, or hit it while taking the hand-off. Just work your way to the outside, or through the hole THEN use speed button. This is crucial because the speed button also triggers the defense to speed up as well. Also your speed threshold needs to be set to ZERO.

You'll still get hit in the backfield at times. You'll outrun slower D-linemen to the edge with speedier backs. But you might get caught on the edges for 2 and 3 yard gains by speedy LB's. Makes the game feel better.

I tweaked this with Oregon's RB's. And only Barner was being caught by speedy Linebackers, but then Thomas was beating everyone to the edges unless they had the angle.

Oh and this is on Slow Game Setting. Animations also play out better than on normal or fast.

Last edited by TeamHawkins; 07-18-2012 at 01:05 AM. Reason: need to insert something extra
Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

This is weird cause i have had no running issues. With a decent line/back and a commitment to the run i can hit 150 yards easy on less than 30 carries. I get stuck on a blocker every once and a while, but thats usually when thats pretty much what should have happend in that situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »