Home

INT's are too much.

This is a discussion on INT's are too much. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: INT's are too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Oh, and one more piece to add: it's time for people to start actually throw the ball away. The days of stone-handed DBs seems to be disappearing. In every game I play, if I throw a bad pass, and the DB gets two hands on the ball, it's a pick. Better to throw it away and punt.
Thats were i find trouble when i try and make the perfect throw in tight coverage.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:00 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Mosh
My opinion is different. I think its finally realistic in comparison to previous games where the defense seemed to be stupid. But that's just me.
I feel the same way. Receivers don't have to be wide open but you have to use good ball placement just like real life.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
I want realism yes, but the receiver having to be wide open or else the DB will pick it off isn't realism. The WR never seems to overpower the DB's. A 90+ WR vs. a 79 DB and yet the DB wins all day long?
If you are 15-17 with one interception then I doubt all 15 of those receivers were completely wide open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rick_14
If you are 15-17 with one interception then I doubt all 15 of those receivers were completely wide open.
Unless he has a dink and dunk offense, lol.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #13
Rookie

riggs6taters's Arena

OVR: 0

Am I the only one who noticed the OP say he always goes "15-17" passing? Not really one for realism are we?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

OVR: 7
I just played a game in my dynasty on Heisman. I am Vanderbilt and I was playing against South Carolina. We went into 6OTs and I did not throw a single pick. This game is great for passing. It is balanced on both sides of the ball. In case you didn't know ...

Tap Reciever Icon For Lob

Hold until winding through for a combo to fit the ball in tight places.

Hold all the way through for a bullet.

Also, always remember that you can point your left stick in the direction you want the ball thrown to.

Lastly.. don't throw unless you are confident.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #15
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

You've really got to change your approach offensively in this years game. It is a different all around experience. Better in some ways, worse in others but absolutely different and it will change what most of us have been doing for years.

Ratings really do matter for the quarterback position this year. Your receivers may be open but that doesn't guarantee your QB is going to lay it on them every year like years past. If you've got a mediocre QB, you've got to pay attention to your footwork because if you're even slightly throwing the ball on the run or while drifting off your back foot, it will lead to some god awful throws. A big part of my passing game with Nebraska is roll outs and sprint outs and play action reads and Martinez is about as wild as it gets, which is pretty accurate if you ask me. If forces me to really focus on getting him set up in the passing game.

You've got to change how you throw. Last year you had to wait for your guy to clear the defense and come open, if you're waiting for that this year, you're throwing it way too late. You've got to force some throws and you've got to keep the ball in your pocket or dump it off on others. Timing is pretty key. Also remember that there are some really sloppy route designs in this game which can lead to defenders to making up ground where they otherwise shouldn't.

You'll throw some picks, you've got to be more precise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point Blank
Unless he has a dink and dunk offense, lol.
Even still, you are bound to run into a Cover 2 or Press Man where the receiver won't be completely wide open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »