Home

Great games you have played

This is a discussion on Great games you have played within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #17
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Great games you have played

User user National Championship. Clemson vs VT (me) he was up by 6 (41-35)and needed a first down with 30 seconds left to run out the clock. He passes for a first down to the fullback who breaks a tackle and then my LBer strips the ball and I dive on it. The rest is history. I score with 4 seconds left to win 42-41. 3rd National Championship in a row and best game I've ever been in.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2014, 01:03 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
User user National Championship. Clemson vs VT (me) he was up by 6 (41-35)and needed a first down with 30 seconds left to run out the clock. He passes for a first down to the fullback who breaks a tackle and then my LBer strips the ball and I dive on it. The rest is history. I score with 4 seconds left to win 42-41. 3rd National Championship in a row and best game I've ever been in.

Sounds gut-wrenching. Reminds me of the overpowered strip ball strategy that was in NCAA12. I had to stop using it because too many games were won due to this.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:53 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

my most favorite and memorable game was in the 2014 Outback bowl against Oklahoma State University. my starting QB, a walk-on, threw 4 int (good throw, CB made great plays on it) and so i was down 34-24 with 8min left in 4th quarter. Ok State QB throws int and i drive down field and get a TD, then after kicking the ball back Ok State run the clock so with 1:24 left they punt. i start from my own 23 yard line, and after converting on 2nd down and 7, i get the ball to midfield. Then i throw a ball in double coverage and the 2 CB's jump and collide.....weirdly.....in midair and my freshman WR catches in and runs all the way to their 12yard line. so after milking the clock to 20 seconds, i throw the ball to my slot WR on a post route and get the game winning TD with 12 seconds left. Ok gets the ball and on their first hailmary attempt they get the ball to my 12. but on 1st and 10, their QB gets sacked and i win the game 38-34
Old 01-12-2014, 06:01 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 5

I lost to Old Dominion 45-44, they scored with :13 left in the game and I was screwed.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #21
Rookie

tattoosandcigars's Arena

45-42 loss at Georgia Tech playing as Pitt. Had a chance to grab the win with 8 ticks on the clock, ended up throwing an interception in the end zone.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #22
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by conception
Sounds gut-wrenching. Reminds me of the overpowered strip ball strategy that was in NCAA12. I had to stop using it because too many games were won due to this.
He definitely had to have his break tackle set to aggressive because he was breaking all kinds of tackles. Served him right.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #23
Rookie

I just played a game so great that I feel like I should take the week off to enjoy it like a real football game. I was the OC at Texas A&M for four years, winning the national championship my last two seasons and only losing one game in that stretch. I wanted to take over a minor school as my first head coaching job so I went with San Diego State. I scheduled A&M week three because I wanted to play against the recruits I had all brought in, though I was fully expecting to get crushed with an 82 rated team versus an upper 90's.

I got an early lead due to returning the opening kickoff, but two early picks gave them big lead at half. I ended up returning another kick-off and threw a beautiful PA deep ball but my team just can't stop their offense once they got going. Everytime we get a sack to force 3rd and 22, they convert it. I throw two more picks as my receivers just can't separate and the pass rush is brutal versus my poor line. By mid third I'm down 38-28 and I get a some lucky stops, but my offensive drive stalls inside the twenty due when I go for it on 4th and 3 rather than kick a FG that I am terrible at, but I am strip sacked. I get another great defensive stop due to clutch tackles right before the first down and manage to work my way downfield and I drive down for another surprising TD with a high pressure pass into traffic that my possession receiver muscles for.
I finally stop them again and get the ball back with 6 minutes left, and I drive down with the running game aiming to score and run the clock so I will have just enough time for one more possession. I get stopped and have to go for the tying FG with about 3 minutes left, but I shank a short one. A&M tries to run the clock and after a first down on 4th and short I'm down to taking time-outs to stop the clock between runs. Before I take my final, I get a strip and get the ball back with less than 40 seconds at around the 30. I manage an in-bounds first down pass, some incompletions, and a big corner route to get me down to about the 30 with 16 seconds left, but on my first play I am sacked and have to take my last timeout with 11 secons left. I call vertical shakes with an empty set, anticipating them covering my deep guys and hitting the shake over the middle for the first. Somehow there is one defender (the CB who picked two already from me) in position near my right verticals, and he has to shade heavily towards the faster one on the inside, so I throw one to my outside receiver and he attempts to close. They both jump for the ball but his attempt to pick misses, and my receiver's better position let him come down with the ball at the 3, and then he jukes the safety to get into the endzone. Had he been tackled, I would have been dead.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #24
Rookie

I was Wyoming on my OD playing against Notre Dame in year 2018. We were both top 10 teams, undefeated in week 4. I blew them out in the first half. They were down by 18 in the 4th quarter, suddenly nothing was going right in the 4th quarter for my team. Notre Dame picked me off deep in my territory, scored next play. My defense ends up giving up 2 more scores after that. It was like Notre Dame 52-49, I got the ball back with under 50 seconds in the game, hit a game tying FG as time expired.

OT
I lose the coin toss, so I play offense first, score a TD right away and the PAT. They get the ball back, I almost shut them down. Made them lose yards the first 2 downs, then 1 of their receivers ran a nice corner route and scored a TD. Tied at 59. Notre Dame gets the ball in the 2nd OT, they score a TD pretty quickly, score the PAT. Notre Dame takes the field at the 25, I sack them for a loss. Ball game.

I lost the one the greatest games I've ever played because of a glitch. It was also my only loss on the season and it kept me out of the National title, Notre Dame was in the title game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »