Home

HUGE Kudos to EA for the revamped Scouting/Recruiting additions!

This is a discussion on HUGE Kudos to EA for the revamped Scouting/Recruiting additions! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #17
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: HUGE Kudos to EA for the revamped Scouting/Recruiting additions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Do you mean create a recruit? Because that's been in the game for quite some time. It's available in the pre-season before you start recruiting. Unless of course you mean something different...
He's talking about creating ATH's..he knows you can create players..You can create any player to recruit but you can't make ATH's which you should be able to do
Old 07-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #18
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm in the same boat. I've said it on OS before, but EA really made a lot of under the radar changes to this game that make it a ton better. Not only the scouting, but stuff like the "Championship Contenders" section in Dynasty, and the dynamic pitch system.

Dynasty is incredibly deep this year, and it makes the game so much better for those of us who play the mode almost exclusively.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 07-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #19
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

i'm in the process of loading my recruiting board for the first time.

granted, by the time the new od website design was released last year i was basically done with the game.

A. (and i don't know all what carried over) but then new website rocks! I love how you go about searching for prospects.

B. I just scouted my first player ever, his speed rating went down, FANTASTIC addition to this game.

with all this going on, the new website, scouting/recruiting, rosters now fully available, and my first dynasty game going to be played tonight. today is more exciting to me than release day!

Oh man, Plus, i just noticed said scouted recruit as a result had his OVR drop by 2 points. Excellent.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 07-18-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #20
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Playing dynasty as Maryland....I landed a 4* ATH that was a 71. I moved him to QB where his rating jumped to a 75 and he's going to be my backup QB as a freshman and start next year. He also has pretty good receiving ratings, so he could fill-in there in a pinch.

I also got a 3* ATH that was a 69, and he jumped to a 75 when I moved him to RB! I'm going to redshirt him this next season because I have a Junior starter in front of him.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
Playing dynasty as Maryland....I landed a 4* ATH that was a 71. I moved him to QB where his rating jumped to a 75 and he's going to be my backup QB as a freshman and start next year. He also has pretty good receiving ratings, so he could fill-in there in a pinch.

I also got a 3* ATH that was a 69, and he jumped to a 75 when I moved him to RB! I'm going to redshirt him this next season because I have a Junior starter in front of him.
With ATH their overall rating is an average of their possible positions so there is almost always at least one position that they are even better at. My best one was a 69 OVR after scouting and was only +1 from his initial rating. He ended up being an 80 OVR at HB. It is nice that some of them are gems even when scouting says they aren't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #22
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It's shocking, in a good way, to see how tough it is now recruiting on Heisman with a lower tier team. To get like 4, or 2, or even zero point for a pitch, is a punch in the gut. "Prospect's Choice" has been saving me on a lot of these calls.

The blank slate pitches, Playing Style, Playing Time, and Proximity to Home, really need to be taken advantaged with scrubby team's as much as possible. It's another punch in the gut when a recruit couldn't care less about those rare "A's and A pluses" that I see. I never use to use sway, but I think I'm going to have to try it out more. I desperately need it now.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #23
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's shocking, in a good way, to see how tough it is now recruiting on Heisman with a lower tier team. To get like 4, or 2, or even zero point for a pitch, is a punch in the gut. "Prospect's Choice" has been saving me on a lot of these calls.

The blank slate pitches, Playing Style, Playing Time, and Proximity to Home, really need to be taken advantaged with scrubby team's as much as possible. It's another punch in the gut when a recruit couldn't care less about those rare "A's and A pluses" that I see. I never use to use sway, but I think I'm going to have to try it out more. I desperately need it now.
Love the prospect choice and the bonus that comes with it.

Wish recruiting on PS3 was a little smoother has a lot of lag for me. But overall love the new additions and features in regards to recruiting.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »