Home

I'm sick of the computer cheating

This is a discussion on I'm sick of the computer cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #41
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I'm sick of the computer cheating

I've noticed the shifting, but the CPU doesn't do the shift all the time. Are there times where I think the CPU knows what I'm running? Absolutely. But there are just as many times that I know I've cooked their goose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

any idea why, when down by 4+ points and forced into 4 and long, the computer would run down all the time on the clock before punting? that doesnt make much sense to me and ive seen it happen multiple times.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #43
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Every time somebody complains about CPU cheating in sports games (or I get angry myself) I just try to remind myself of the time Paul Milsap made three straight 3-pointers in the 4th quarter and scored 11 points in the final :30 seconds to beat the Miami Heat.

How mad would you be if that happened against you in a video game? Rage quit for sure.

BTW, Milsap had been 2-20 from 3 point land up to that time in his career. Weird stuff happens in sports all the time.
Weird stuff does not happen in Sports all the time it happens rare. There are 162 baseball games in a season for a given team. You will not find triple plays in 162 baseball games. It's a rare event.

You will not find someone scoring 8 pts in 10 seconds like Reggie Miller did, in 82 games of the NBA. Rare happening. Your point was over-exaggerated. In EA's products, the cheap cheating nonsense happens in EVERY GAME practically every other play. It's ridiculous.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #44
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekesdad
any idea why, when down by 4+ points and forced into 4 and long, the computer would run down all the time on the clock before punting? that doesnt make much sense to me and ive seen it happen multiple times.
Because the CPU knows it can stop you whenever it really wants to. They want to stop you, and leave YOU even less time once they score again (oh yes, they will run hurry up and score on you).

Old 07-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

To get back on track...I also feel that the AI gives itself a bump in ratings when losing in the 4th Quarter. I play on Heisman difficulty (mainly because I go undefeated on AA) and play with Buffalo (not a good team). However, I will be dominating the game, with 4-5 sacks, 2 Int's, and about 150 total yards allowed until 4 minutes to go in the 4th. All of a sudden, the AI QB has perfect accuracy, threading the ball between 3 defenders time and time again (most happen to be up the sidelines so the clock can stop). When they eventually score, it's an 80 yard drive in 25 seconds. Fine, people get pumped up and it can happen, but every game??? in the MAC???? I doubt that. I mean, come on, this happened against Akron, UMass, & Kent State.

In addition to the AI Super QB & WR's in the 4Q, I can't do anything on offense in the last few minutes as my QB forgets how to throw (no interceptions, just can't hit an open receiver for his life), or my 90 rated RB can't make it back to the line of scrimmage (He likes to get chased down by the D-Line). I will mix it up between run, pass, draw, shotgun, option plays to try to keep the computer guessing, but nothing works.

I'm OK with losing to good team by 40 (any ranked opponent it seems this is the score), but playing against Akron and having this happen is awful. Especially when their QB is one of the worst in the NCAA.

I'm not saying I don't like the challenge, but it makes it almost unenjoyable when you have no control over the last few minutes of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souchiro
Smh.

So I'm supposed to be okay with the AI cheating cause its happened for years? Gotcha.

I'm supposed to adjust sliders to make a game better that's supposed to finished out of the box. Gotcha.

I'm okay with losing fair and square no matter the difficulty. If I'm throwing into double coverage or forgetting to protect the ball, that's on me.

But making the ai break 10 tackles on a 80 yard run. Or a DB decide to stare off into space for no reason is another issue.
Are you playing with a good team? I have the exact same issues but I'm playing with a cupcake TeamBuilder team so I expect my guys to suck.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Are you playing with a good team? I have the exact same issues but I'm playing with a cupcake TeamBuilder team so I expect my guys to suck.
I never do. If I played with Michigan recruiting wouldn't be fun and I'd probably never lose.

I've been playing as Florida Atlantic. And I purposely made a F schedule. FCS East beat me. T

So I expect it them to suck but they are playing against guys who suck just as much.

Also reminds me on another point, when you have recruits visiting the AI is unbelievable and crazy hard to beat.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 19

You can call it cheating, Catch Up AI, whatever. This has been a debate for a long time. Why does it seem the CPU AI offense converts on 3rd downs, time and time again? It is frustrating, but our own stick skills, judgment, and reflexes are a factor, too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »