Home

I'm sick of the computer cheating

This is a discussion on I'm sick of the computer cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #57
Rookie

Panda's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I'm sick of the computer cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
While that sounded good and all, what happens when video reviews prove all that you just said completely wrong? Then what? Do you change your tune? When a game's base achievement is teaching someone how to cheat, exploit or glitch then it's a problem. For example, the CPU this year completely exploits the middle of the field A.I. weakness. Every team does this from Alabama down to lowly UL Monroe. So what does this do? It teaches you that the middle of the field no matter what is money when playing another USER.

So not sure how someone's attitude changing will fix the poor gameplay.
This thing called "me playing the game and enjoying it" proves enough to me that attitude and sliders work. I never said they would make the game perfect, I said your playing experience would be improved. Many people on this forum make it a sport to find what is wrong with the game, rather than enjoying it.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #58
Banned

Funny how some of you are ok with the computer cheating. Your solution is to figure out a way to exploit the computer... Pretty typical. I'm sure you are cheeses in online play as well.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #59
Banned

I think all games r ment to be played on default levels...i have always been a huge into playing at the hardest levels...but even when I win I feel I cheated the cpu. To offset this I play default levels and up game speed to max...makes it more difficult. I also have the cpu pick my plays...i dont hot route or audible, I chose a player on defensive and wont click off of him. I have enjoyed ncaa 11 playing like this...ratings matter as do your stick skills. I think of myself as a solid gamer that wants to have a fun experience. Try it...not much strategy involved but I enjoy the no cheese fest.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakydeaky9
The only thing other than not being able to fake them out is running ANY option run play out of the PISTOL or OPTION formation. Read Option doesn't work 99% of the time. Neither do some of the others.
The Read Option doesn't work 99% of the time? I kinda felt the Read Option was too powerful. Each time I run it its an easy 5+ yards.

Any option play out of any formation will work, but if you're trying to run the option play after play of course its not going to work. This year, as many have said on this board, you have to set your plays up a bit.

The computer does cheat though. Comeback CPU at the end of games is what gets me most. Even in blowouts where I've shut out a poor team. In the last 2 minutes of the game the CPU, who couldn't complete a pass all game, is all of a sudden dropping bombs on me and my players stand there perplexed. It's the same for routes that cross the middle of the field.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkapryde
Hasn't EA said multiple times that Heisman and All Madden are designed to be cheap

Sent From My Nexus S 4G *****!

Lol pretty much.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #62
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

I've dealt with the AA and Heisman difficulty issue for almost a decade now.

AA seemed to be the most enjoyable level. I usually ended up winning most games as the combination of getting better recruits plus learning the CPU's tendencies proved too much for the computer to handle.

Heisman essentially forced you to use a small set of limited plays as the running game was destroyed. Audibles were difficult as the computer knew what your changes were. I enjoyed the challenge a lot more, but also was far more frustrated (and couldn't make it but a season or two). Sliders could help, but couldn't completely make up for the BS you saw each and every game.

It's too bad that EA has to juice up the CPU attributes (to a ridiculous level) to make the game more challenging for vets. Look at a game like Halo...you see far better decisions and strategy by the computer when playing on legendary (in addition to some attribute boosts, but nothing ridiculous). Why can't EA do the same, and in turn, provide a much better experience for those of us that want a challenge, not an aneurysm?

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Old 07-19-2012, 03:20 AM   #63
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4

to the OP. not sure if you checked or not but check to see if you have Auto Strafe on... for a little while i was having the same issue as you. I could not figure out why it seemed my team was standing around the ball carrier and realized i had it on. I turned it off and it has eliminated most my issues.

Just a suggestion.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:30 AM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjackson18
to the OP. not sure if you checked or not but check to see if you have Auto Strafe on... for a little while i was having the same issue as you. I could not figure out why it seemed my team was standing around the ball carrier and realized i had it on. I turned it off and it has eliminated most my issues.

Just a suggestion.
What particular issue are you referring to?

And thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »