Home

I'm sick of the computer cheating

This is a discussion on I'm sick of the computer cheating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 03:42 AM   #65
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I'm sick of the computer cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegomaize
What particular issue are you referring to?

And thanks!
You spoke of your DB's being behind the wr's or your defense reacting late to Scrambling qb's. I noticed its because my players will enter "strafe" mode. and the ball carrier will just run by them. when i turned auto strae off. it eliminated that "strafe" mode. i tested this out vs GT and they ran up the middle uncontested. my LBs would jog to the edges to chase on the option. they ran for over 150 yds probably more beat me by 3tds. with Auto Strafe off i played again and they ran for 80 yds and i was was actually able to get sideline to sideline with my Lbs and made some good plays at the LOS. the RBs were able to break tackles still but thats heisman for you and i always try to have a guy close enough to finish the tackle. but having AS off made a huge difference for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 03:46 AM   #66
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjackson18
You spoke of your DB's being behind the wr's or your defense reacting late to Scrambling qb's. I noticed its because my players will enter "strafe" mode. and the ball carrier will just run by them. when i turned auto strae off. it eliminated that "strafe" mode. i tested this out vs GT and they ran up the middle uncontested. my LBs would jog to the edges to chase on the option. they ran for over 150 yds probably more beat me by 3tds. with Auto Strafe off i played again and they ran for 80 yds and i was was actually able to get sideline to sideline with my Lbs and made some good plays at the LOS. the RBs were able to break tackles still but thats heisman for you and i always try to have a guy close enough to finish the tackle. but having AS off made a huge difference for me.
Do you ever have to manually strafe? I ask this because I was A, the defense help button because I don't have pin point control due to my disability. I see the strafing keeps them from directly talking someone that is within arms reach. They simply continue on trying to cut them off.

It sounds like you're saying turning off auto-strafe fixes this situation?
Old 07-19-2012, 03:49 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Thanks. I tried it out a little bit in practice... cause the servers are down. Feel like I have much more control with less canned animations.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:51 AM   #68
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
Do you ever have to manually strafe? I ask this because I was A, the defense help button because I don't have pin point control due to my disability. I see the strafing keeps them from directly talking someone that is within arms reach. They simply continue on trying to cut them off.

It sounds like you're saying turning off auto-strafe fixes this situation?
Yes there were times when i would have control of my LB and pursue the RB and instead of hitting him he would strafe and make this horrible leap as soon as the RB was by him. its as if in stead of engaging him he was "guarding" him. i said in another post that if the CPU ran draw plays all game they would run for 400 yds against me cause my D was blind to what was going on even with me controlling the player.

I strafe when i am using an Lb or DB till i see whats going on then i react.

Last edited by fjackson18; 07-19-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:15 AM   #69
Pro

der juicen's Arena

Quote:
Yes there were times when i would have control of my LB and pursue the RB and instead of hitting him he would strafe and make this horrible leap as soon as the RB was by him. its as if in stead of engaging him he was "guarding" him. i said in another post that if the CPU ran draw plays all game they would run for 400 yds against me cause my D was blind to what was going on even with me controlling the player.

I strafe when i am using an Lb or DB till i see whats going on then i react.
Ah, see there is the problem I would run into, as strafing is LT, correct? You don't know how infuriating it is having to deal with these limitations. Thanks to the locked controls, I can't use any Option play that involves pitching.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:19 AM   #70
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
Ah, see there is the problem I would run into, as strafing is LT, correct? You don't know how infuriating it is having to deal with these limitations. Thanks to the locked controls, I can't use any Option play that involves pitching.
Yes it is LT. and with no ability to change that, i bet it can be frustrating. not sure who you control on the defense. but even removing auto strafe can still benefit you.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:22 AM   #71
Pro

der juicen's Arena

Quote:
Yes it is LT. and with no ability to change that, i bet it can be frustrating. not sure who you control on the defense. but even removing auto strafe can still benefit you.
Eh, I stay DT/DE until I need to bat a pass down or try and intercept a pass. Or to stop a pesky run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 04:33 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

I will never understand the reason for having locked controls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »