Home

Haven't played online in awhile - what's considered good etiquette?

This is a discussion on Haven't played online in awhile - what's considered good etiquette? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Haven't played online in awhile - what's considered good etiquette?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAsaturn
Wow I wasn't aware the four verticals play was cheese - I probably used it a couple times (in fact I did in the first game, but my Hoya receivers sucked and drop the wide open passes).
It's hard to call a legitimate play call like this "cheese" if you only use it once or twice in a game, especially if your team is a huge underdog. It's exploiting the same play many times or building your offense around it that really gets annoying.

Unrealistic play calling (like only using onside kicks in situations where no real team would ever do so) is where individual play calls ecome cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAsaturn
Oh - and that Wayne State guy would often pause the game or use other stall tactics. I'm sure hoping I'd just quit and he'd get an easier win.
I'm constantly astounded by the fact that people care so much about their W-L record that they would stoop to tactics like this. You've reminded me why I stopped playing online. Though if more people played the way you seem to and cared about sportsmanship and etiquette, going online would not be the nightmare it is.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #10
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Bullard
Don't run the 1-5-5 Prowl Bear Blitz all game.
That doesnt even work if you have common sense.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Goat 404
Well Me Personally I Just Play My Game. If My Opponent Quits And I'm Winning It's Going To Give You The Option To Quit And Count Game Anyway So You Will Still Receive A Win. I Play The whole Game My Sim Style. Punt On 4th Down And All But I Don't Try To Take It Easy On No One Cause. Also I Don't Run The Four Verticals Play Cause I Always Considered It Cheese Also
wow how long did it take you to Capitalize Every Word?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #12
Banned

LucasWVU's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbball04
wow how long did it take you to Capitalize Every Word?
Its a habit. I used to do the same thing. It doesn't take very long.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
What is good etiquette? Depends on who you ask, its mostly subjective.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #14
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Play people on your friends list and have fun. Ranked is a frustrating mess. I played a guy off of here, his name escapes me at the moment, but we had a great game, I was up 13-0 in the 4th, and choked and blew the lead lost 14-13. But I didn't card that I lost. Not that I was happy about losing, just didn't have to put up with nano blitzes all game, or the same 3 pass plays over and over. It was a great game. I look foward to playing him again. Bottom line play to have fun. It is a game so you don't have to call everything the way your team would, heck it can be fun to take a team like Penn State who isn't traditionally an option team but have a great personnel for it, and play with an option playbook. Just don't exploit deficiencies in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »