Home

Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

This is a discussion on Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #17
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
there annoying and worst part is " the unthinkable has happened"
followed by a top team getting blown out by a scrub every week in dynasty
That's cool, I like when people on this forum exaggerate. Studio Updates are a nice feature. Could have been done better, but fine as is. I still don't see why people have to play another teams schedule other than their own during a Single Player dynasty. Is it to make sure you're number one in the conference?

That is more scrubbish than having The Unthinkable Happen.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
That's cool, I like when people on this forum exaggerate. Studio Updates are a nice feature. Could have been done better, but fine as is. I still don't see why people have to play another teams schedule other than their own during a Single Player dynasty. Is it to make sure you're number one in the conference?

That is more scrubbish than having The Unthinkable Happen.
it's quite the opposite, it's to make sure that Oklahoma doesn't lose to Iowa State, Central Michigan, Baylor, ULL and Kansas in a single season

to make sure the SEC champion has less than 4 losses

to make sure the freakin Ohio isn't 12-0
Old 07-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
On the PS2 NCAA games, your in-game updates were not pre-scripted. We got real time score updates, and the score changes were simmed as your game was going on.
We don't really know that though. I highly doubt that the games were actually simmed as you played as there is literally no advantage in doing that programming wise but you get the disadvantage of processing power being reallocated to simming other games while you play.

As I recall, whenever you used to select to play a game it would tell you that all prior games would be simulated and it just simmed them right there before going into your game.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #20
Pro

der juicen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
We don't really know that though. I highly doubt that the games were actually simmed as you played as there is literally no advantage in doing that programming wise but you get the disadvantage of processing power being reallocated to simming other games while you play.

As I recall, whenever you used to select to play a game it would tell you that all prior games would be simulated and it just simmed them right there before going into your game.
And yet another case of rose-colored glasses. Like you said, processing power, especially in the PS2 days. They were simmed before you went in. These are just simmed as you advance the week.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
And yet another case of rose-colored glasses. Like you said, processing power, especially in the PS2 days. They were simmed before you went in. These are just simmed as you advance the week.
but you could also sim them before you sent in manually, and it would still work. This was NINE years ago, and they can't do the same now, a decade and a hardware revision later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #22
Pro

der juicen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
but you could also sim them before you sent in manually, and it would still work. This was NINE years ago, and they can't do the same now, a decade and a hardware revision later
Then go play that beautiful 9 year old game. I don't know what to tell you. It's not exactly the same, the games aren't remotely the same, and the development team has changed throughout the years.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #23
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
you don't know they cant? are you programming the game? No. They chose not to do it that way to our knowledge. They only think we know now is that they sim the games as you advance the week. No difference at all. Its not a big deal like you're trying to make it.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #24
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
it's not a useless feature. I find it funny that people cried for better presentation, they add it. Now people complain about it. I personally would like them to implement it better for sim reasons or maybe to get vid highlights too but. It's not useless. I've felt more connected in this dynasty than I have in a long time. I don't just look at my team stats anymore. And the studio updates have helped make it feel like a college saturday
More/= better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »