Home

Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

This is a discussion on Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #1

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

Obviously, I know the dialogue is pre-scripted. However something I notice when simming from week to week, at the bottom of the screen, where they tell you what phase of the simulation they're at, i.e. "scheduling visits," scouting," etc., one of the steps says "loading studio updates."

Why would studio updates need to be loaded for a week that hasn't taken place yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Are the studio updates phony/pre-scripted?

All games are simmed when the week rolls over.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #3

Deegeezy's Arena

What do you mean? Are you saying that when I sim from week 1 to week 2, all week 2 games have already been simmed? That can't be right.

The issue I am describing has to do with the fact that week 2's studio updates appear to be loading before the games are even played.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would guess that the screens having the team logos, names, etc. are pre-loaded to make it seamless within the game.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13

The Studio Updates are created in between weeks for the following week based on the sims for that week. You don't see the results, but the games outcomes are simmed for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
The Studio Updates are created in between weeks for the following week based on the sims for that week. You don't see the results, but the games outcomes are simmed for that.
Weird. But don't we also have the ability to play other games from that week, not just the game with our dynasty team?
Old 07-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
Rookie

lionden_56's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Weird. But don't we also have the ability to play other games from that week, not just the game with our dynasty team?
Yes, and if you do, you'll override the simmed result for that week. If you play a game at 7 pm, and you see the bottom line or studio update from a game that took place at noon, you can still play that game. But the CPU has to pre-sim everything to have a result to show you in that bottom line.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

there's a bug where if you play games that have updates in other games, you will crash the game

so you need to play the games backwards in time (i.e. play an 8pm game before a 3pm game)

because if you play the 3pm game, change the result, then the 8pm game will crash because it no longer has the update from the 3pm game

all around a useless feature that causes problems

THE UNTHINKABLE HAS HAPPENED

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »