Home

Offline Dynasty

This is a discussion on Offline Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Rookie

Masakra's Arena

OVR: 1
Offline Dynasty

Hey guys, this is my first NCAA Football game and as such, I'm a bit confused about some of the offline dynasty options...

1) I know you need to go through the Play Career -> Dynasty (Offline) options, but what's this about creating a new coach? I've played Madden before and their offline "dynasty" has you picking a team...do you play through as a coach in this version or is there something I'm not seeing? Does everyone create their own coach typically?

2) When you finish creating/selecting a current coach, do you still have control of every player on offense and defense if you choose to be the Head Coach? Or do you simply call in the plays and the CPU does the rest?

3) Regarding conference re-alignment, can you collapse a conference all together somehow? For example, I was moving all the teams out of the WAC into the MWC and C-USA and I got to the point where the game told me "you can't have less than 4 teams in a conference". Is there no way I can destroy the WAC and move teams into other conferences?

4) How do you get the route lines to appear? Like when you push down and hold RT, the directions of every player should appear per the play called in, but somehow I had them before and now their gone...

Thanks in advance any help guys! I really appreciate it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Offline Dynasty

1) The coach thing basically just adds another level of goals for you to meet. Your contract will specify a number of goals (like make it to a bowl game), and your coach approval rating goes up or down based on your performance measured against those goals. It also ties into your coach pitch for recruiting.

2) Gameplay is the same whether you create a coach or use an existing coach (still control the players), as long as you're the head coach.

3) Not sure, never tried it.

4) I don't remember the button combo (I just do it without thinking), but I think its either LT or RT + up on one of the sticks.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #3
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

1) I usually create a new coach. You can then select to be either the Offensive Coordinator (just run the offensive during games), Defensive Coordinator (just run the defense during games) or be the head coach and run both the offense and defense. If you're not the HC, then you sim until you take control of whatever side you pick.

2) See above

3) You cannot totally clear out a conference.

4) I've always held the RT and they've shown up for me.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Hey guys, first NCAA for me too! I used to do offline coop franchise with 2-3 other friends, but the new Madden won't allow that gamemode, so here I am.

Question regarding Offline Dynasty. I intend to use user created rosters with real life names and such. However, when I start an offline dynasty (with standard #s on the roster), it asked me if I wanted to create fictional names or something. I obviously clicked yes.

My question is, if I have user created rosters aligned with real life, I click NO, correct? That way it doesn't overwrite the real names with random fictional names.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
AIRBHG owns your soul!

McNutted's Arena

OVR: 14

It does not matter. It will only auto generate names for players who have none. Players who are already named will retain the name given to them when edited.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
AIRBHG owns your soul!

McNutted's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokononrock
1) The coach thing basically just adds another level of goals for you to meet. Your contract will specify a number of goals (like make it to a bowl game), and your coach approval rating goes up or down based on your performance measured against those goals. It also ties into your coach pitch for recruiting.

2) Gameplay is the same whether you create a coach or use an existing coach (still control the players), as long as you're the head coach.

3) Not sure, never tried it.

4) I don't remember the button combo (I just do it without thinking), but I think its either LT or RT + up on one of the sticks.

4. Hold RT and push UP.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone_E
Hey guys, first NCAA for me too! I used to do offline coop franchise with 2-3 other friends, but the new Madden won't allow that gamemode, so here I am.

Question regarding Offline Dynasty. I intend to use user created rosters with real life names and such. However, when I start an offline dynasty (with standard #s on the roster), it asked me if I wanted to create fictional names or something. I obviously clicked yes.

My question is, if I have user created rosters aligned with real life, I click NO, correct? That way it doesn't overwrite the real names with random fictional names.
You are correct. Load your named rosters at the main menu then select no on fictional names and your loaded rosters will be used.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Thanks for the help guys!

Def. liking this game though....coming from Madden 12, it is so refreshing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »