Home

CPU offense

This is a discussion on CPU offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9
CPU offense

I had NCAA 12. I liked it for the most part. A lot. The big problem I had was the CPU's complete inability to run any type of spread or option rushing attack. Oregon was embarrassing and Georgia Tech was awful. Believe me, I lab bed a lot of games to come to those conclusions. Can anyone, hopefully even anyone who noticed this same issue, provide some insight on this years game? I'm strongly considering a buy, but I won't go for it unless I hear that this is a nonissue this year. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU offense

Option is horrible in this year's game. Even turning the CPU Run Ability up to 100 on Heisman results in loss of yardage nearly every time. There is also a glitch on the pitch where there is a split second pause while the RB catches the ball. Even USER Option doesn't get much of a gain unless you turn the blocking up to unrealistic levels. Mind you this is on Slow settings so the animations can play out.

The spread attack isn't that bad overall. But I will say that nearly every CPU team you'll play runs the hurry-up offense.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Pro

zpq12's Arena

Ish. That concerns me.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
Pro

zpq12's Arena

I almost bought this today. Anyone care to provide an update on this? Does the title update change anything?
Old 08-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
Rookie

My Mr.Coach Mode Heisman slider set has enabled a good running game out of any formation. Rent the game and try them. The keys:

Speed thresh 50
RB ability 80
Run block 70
Run D 60
Tac 55

With these settings guards can pull to the outside, average speed FB can actually get outside to block, sweeps and option play works. RBs even from shotgun can at least get to the line before being hit most of the time. Good stats with few big losses and rare huge runs against good defenses.

Too many slider sets are low for RB and OL then screw the OL further by very low speed thresh which only creates a ridiculous speed gap between the OL and the much faster defensive players. Low speed thresh is at the root of many of the games problems. People hate the crazy pancakes stats (me too) but a good OL needs to be able to thrive in this game also. The Badgers OL should be able to run the ball inside and out. Especially with Monty Ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
Rookie

LA NOIR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpq12
I almost bought this today. Anyone care to provide an update on this? Does the title update change anything?

Get the game, put cpu running abilty at 100 and blocking at 75 and you will start saying the cpu rushing attack is unstoppable lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »