Home

TX ST Dynasty Progression

This is a discussion on TX ST Dynasty Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Rookie

Goins's Arena

OVR: 4
TX ST Dynasty Progression

I was just wondering if there was anybody else suffering like i am to make a Texas State a powerhouse. I just started my 2nd year sitting at a record of 3-1 with all three of my wins coming down to the wire in the clutch. Finished last year (11-3) rank second in the WAC (F- Schedule). With Shaun Rutherford Graduating and my back up being rated overall a 67 i cant seem to get leads on teams at all.All my team stats are still in the low D's, not sure how much more longer i will stay with this team, are there any miracles out there yet?

Last edited by Goins; 07-18-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: TX ST Dynasty Progression

You need to find someone who is awesome at recruiting for Texas State and is willing to give you some advice. Currently no one comes to mind.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
Rookie

CSA1864's Arena

OVR: 0

You definitely need to ease up the recruiting setting when running with Texas St.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
You need to find someone who is awesome at recruiting for Texas State and is willing to give you some advice. Currently no one comes to mind.
Nice fail at sarcasm. Epic pass at trolling.

Even with recruiting, the Texas State stinks from a CPU sim. Seeing as I only play as Defensive Coordinator, they still aren't very good. The game tuning is set for them to stink no matter what from the looks of it. 6-6 in the first year, and so far 0-1 with them. HOWEVER, recruiting is still a breeze.

I'm working on beefing the offensive line up this 2nd year to see if that helps the CPU sim better offensively. Because they aren't putting points up even with a 4 star QB and HB.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
Rookie

With tx st. I went 4-8, 9-4, then 11-1.
All on heisman. By my second year I was pulling in a couple 4 stars then on my 11-1 year I pulled in like 5. You have to be a beast at recruiting to build them up. Go after pipelines and 3 stars and 4 stars that aren't getting recruiting by big schools. If a team like texas or bam a offers, stay away. Look through and go after recruits that you have a A+ or B pitch info and either most,very high or high. It'll be hard to because you can't sway players well at the beginning
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Dakota822's Arena

It's not something that's going to be instant. I wouldn't give up yet as it could take 4-5 years to finally make them into something that can compete with the elite teams. Just try to find some players that can make an immediate impact and let them progress. It's going to take time, but just imagine how satisfying it will be when you finally turn them into a powerhouse.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YosBox
With tx st. I went 4-8, 9-4, then 11-1.
All on heisman. By my second year I was pulling in a couple 4 stars then on my 11-1 year I pulled in like 5. You have to be a beast at recruiting to build them up. Go after pipelines and 3 stars and 4 stars that aren't getting recruiting by big schools. If a team like texas or bam a offers, stay away. Look through and go after recruits that you have a A+ or B pitch info and either most,very high or high. It'll be hard to because you can't sway players well at the beginning
Disagree my friend. With Texas State you should be on at least 8 recruit's Top 3 by week 2. You cannot just place any recruit on your boards. The recruiting is set up this year for gains, not losses. Target recruits with slots open in their Top 3. Whether 3 or 4 Stars. 5 Stars in year one with this team basically won't happen.

But I signed eight 4 Stars in year 1 on All-American settings. You should call only 10 recruits in week 1 (60 minutes) apiece and gain at minimum 400+ recruiting interest each call. This is HUGE! If you aren't gaining this kind of interest you are wasting calls big time. Also you should be making promises in week 1 to every recruit. (No first year redshirt) and offer Scholarship to every one.

By week 2 you will notice a huge change in how many Top 3's Texas State is on. I'd really like to know how you guys go about recruiting because it looks like you are missing some key pointers.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
Rookie

Goins's Arena

OVR: 4

Yea recruiting hasn't really been my cup of tea i usually just go for teams needs and try to work with what i have, but i will definitely be spending more time doing so thanks for the suggestions

Last edited by Goins; 07-18-2012 at 09:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »