Home

Best Running QB to use

This is a discussion on Best Running QB to use within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Best Running QB to use

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420 others
Cam Newton was the most unstoppable force in college football history. Name one player that could drag defenders, juke anyone, pass effectively, catch passes, and smile while doing it all. This is coming from a SCAR and FSU fan.
I agree Cam Newton was/is a great player.

However the following things are a not part of the discussion:
effective passing
pass catching
smiling (by the way Denard has Cam beat for smiles check out some pics)

Cam could juke true, Cam could drag defenders true... which is why he's in discussion of the best, top 10 maybe... not #1
Old 07-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #74
Rookie

blackball8's Arena

OVR: 7

Antwan Randel El is like Denard............really good but not great. Winning goes hand and hand with being great.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackball8
Antwan Randel El is like Denard............really good but not great. Winning goes hand and hand with being great.
Absolutely false. By that logic Barry Sanders was not a great running back. Neither was Eric Dickerson.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #76
Banned

kt-od are you going to keep liking every post that contradicts me without offering any argument yourself? lmao
Old 07-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1
To get back to original point, Robinson on the read option is lethal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Go Blue - Go Cavs - Go Tribe - Go Steelers

360 GT: tharooseisloose
Old 07-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #78
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTLUNIS
kt-od are you going to keep liking every post that contradicts me without offering any argument yourself? lmao
Haha...Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply. I'm just enjoying reading everything you post. I think you said it best earlier when you said football speed and 40 speed are way different. Anyway, I don't think anyone is arguing the fact that Denard is one of the best. But you said "The Best", so you are speaking with an absolute.

I'm not sure why you were bringing up 40 speeds anyway, when you said that Denard is the best scrambling QB ever. What does 40 speed have to do with scrambling anyway?
Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Haha...Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply. I'm just enjoying reading everything you post. I think you said it best earlier when you said football speed and 40 speed are way different. Anyway, I don't think anyone is arguing the fact that Denard is one of the best. But you said "The Best", so you are speaking with an absolute.

I'm not sure why you were bringing up 40 speeds anyway, when you said that Denard is the best scrambling QB ever. What does 40 speed have to do with scrambling anyway?
LOL nothing personal man. Just enjoying a fun debate with other football fans. Anytime you talk about "the best" with anything there are going to be different opinions about what is "best" out of the top 10 or so.

I'm aware vertical speed and scrambling speed is different. If I gave another impression earlier that wasn't intended.

If anything I'd say scrambling is a product of quickness, agility, and awareness. (All of which Denard is best in history at) LOL
Old 07-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #80
Rookie

blackball8's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTLUNIS
Absolutely false. By that logic Barry Sanders was not a great running back. Neither was Eric Dickerson.
no, its your logic that parralels denard being like barry sanders. You did compare Denard to Antwan Randel El which i think is a fair compairson. Antwan to me is better than Denard, but Denard still has another year to surpass him. This isn't a knock at denard (comparing him to Randel El).

Denard is a fun player to watch, but his signature game is his debut or his late game heroics against Notre Dame (a game which he stunk it up for 3 and a half quarters). Compare that to Frazier who played at his peak in 3 national title games. Cam and Tebow shredding QB rushing records in the SEC. Staubach leading Navy to a win over ND when they were relevant and a number 2 national ranking. Tony Rice's games against top 10 michigan, miami of florida, and USC. Vick single handidly keeping VaTech in the game against FSU. All i mentioned made plays with their legs in those respective games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »