Home

Best Running QB to use

This is a discussion on Best Running QB to use within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best Running QB to use

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTLUNIS
Who was better ever?
I played against Cam Newton in his first game as an Auburn Tiger ever. Let me tell you he was a beast he tourched us. He may not be as fast as denard but he is fast enough and his strength combined w speed blows any qb I've seen play including Tebow Vick or Matt Jones who used to be at Arkansas who was 6'6" and could fly.

Last edited by stAteLS57; 07-19-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 10

http://www.co4nu.com/ lol
Old 07-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #51
Rookie

blackball8's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
You mean V.Y who runs a 4.6 40??? LMAO...

He has good ball carrier vision... but let's be serious for a minute.

You guys must play a lot of video games instead of watching football.

40 Times:

Denard 4.32
Vick 4.33
Tommie Frazier 4.50
V.Y. 4.58
Cam Newton 4.59 (Andrew Luck ran the same 40 time I guess I should put him on the list.)

While everyone's homerism is cute... The only guy on the list with the speed to be mentioned in the same sentence as Denard is Mike Vick. Vick was a homerun hitter for sure. But, he wasn't on the same level as Denard and the stats show that.

Everyone else is too slow to debate about.

For the Tommie Frazier lovers though... Your argument is he wasn't as good a runner because he had to run more?? LOL

Denard had twice as many carries in 2011 as Tommie Frazier did in 1995.
Denard had six times as many carries in 2010 as as Tommie Frazier did in 1994.

In 2011 Denard rushed for more yards than Tommie Frazier rushed for in 1994 & 1995 combined.

I understand nostalgia, but Tommie Frazier was no Denard Robinson.
Frazier missed like 4 games his senior year due to blood clots in his legs. He almost missed the national title game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kOuQB_7_CY 2:19 sick 3:10 greatest run in a national title game.

Last edited by blackball8; 07-19-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like Marqueis Gray in the game. He's quick enough for zone read and fast enough for option and OK on the boot. I also like that he doesn't play for an amazing team. Nice to win with the underdog.

As for all-time greatest runner at the QB position, it's Mike Vick. Not only does he have amazing straight-line speed, but he has wicked acceleration, ridiculous moves, and great vision. Denard is a very adept runner, but he's not Vick. I'm excited to see what he does this season though.

Note that I didn't see he's the best running QB ever, though. At the college level, I'd give that to Touchdown Tommie Frazier. He had his best games in three national championship games, two of which he won, ran the option system masterfully, and was a hell of a leader on the field. I admit my bias, since I'm writing this while looking out my office window at Memorial Stadium, but I have no special love for TF as a person; he's not even my favorite QB from Huskers history, as that designation belongs to Scott Frost, another punishing runner. But the best overall running QB I ever saw was still Frazier.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
You’re right. The Ford Focus must be in the running for best race car of all time. After all, it has nothing to do with speed. LMAO.

What part of Nebraska are you from again?
You do realize that being a running qb is not the same as racing correct?

There is much more to it then just running the fastest, such as vision, cutting ability, decision making, ball carrying, etc...

Not to mention speed on a track does not always equate to speed on a football field in pads

Here lets try this, who was the best running back of all time?
Old 07-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackball8
Frazier missed like 4 games his senior year due to blood clots in his legs. He almost missed the national title game.
I'm aware of that. That doesn't explain the statistical disparity over the other seasons of his career though. He also played on possibly the best CFB team of all time in 1995 Nebraska, running behind maybe the greatest offensive line in history. (Advantages Denard doesn't have.)
Old 07-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you're talking best running QBs in college of all time, then my list is:
Michael Vick
Tommie Frazier
Tim Tebow
Cam Newton
Tony Rice
Charlie Ward(wasn't really a running QB, but could move)
I got to see what Denard Robinson does this season before I can say all time great running QB, but if he improves upon last season, he'll be in my list
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #56
Rookie

blackball8's Arena

OVR: 7

watch the video i put in my edited post above. Sometimes numbers just don't add up. You have to remember before Frazier was subbed in the national title game with florida state (frazier rallied them, but they missed a late fg).........the big 8 was getting owned by Miami and Florida state. Tom Osborne was the coach who could never win the big game and was destined to be remembered for going for 2 and losing to miami. Then he found Frazier on his bench and won back to back titles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »