Home

Mr. Nation's Relegation(Final)

This is a discussion on Mr. Nation's Relegation(Final) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Mr. Nation's Relegation(Final)

Texas Tech ended up playing in the National Champ. in my first year and Temple ended up ranked in my first year but in year two i only have 1st tier teams ranked and im a good way through, havent played in a while but will be going back soon, may start over too.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
I'm so glad I did this. I friggin love it. As Maryland I went 14-0 and won both the Big 10 Championship and the National Championship. In the Big 10 Championship I faced #10 Wisconsin and in the National Championship I faced #2 Texas Tech.

There were a few anomalies. Temple ended #3 going into bowl season but lost to USF in the Sugar Bowl. Army (Tier 3) ended up ranked 24th overall. Surprisingly Arkansas State ended up ranked at the end of the season, ranked 22 overall.

MWC Champion - Kansas State
Pac-12 Champion - USC
Big 10 Champion - Maryland
SEC Champion - Georgia Tech (who was #1 until the SEC Championship game where they lost to a #22 Auburn team)

Major Bowls:
National Championship: Maryland over Texas Tech
Sugar Bowl: USF over Temple
Fiesta Bowl: Purdue over UTEP (cause Big 12 champ TT was in the NC game)
Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech over Nebraska
Rose Bowl: USC over TCU

Movement:

Mountain West Conference:
Up:
- Purdue won C-USA (Tier 2) and ended up ranked at the end of the year. They move up to the Plains Division (Tier 1).
- Arkansas State ended up ranked at the end of the year. They also move up to the Plains Division (Tier 1).
- Air Force went 10-2 in the WAC (Tier 3) and almost finished the season ranked, but lost in their bowl game. They do, however, move to C-USA.

Down:
- Mizzou was 3-9 in the Plains Division and now moves to C-USA (Tier 2)
- Northwestern also moves down to C-USA (Tier 2), finishing 4-8 in the Plains Division
- Wyoming was a dismal 2-10 and will move to the WAC (Tier 3).

Pac-12:
Up:
- Texas Tech ended the year ranked #2 overall and also won the Big 12 (Tier 2). They will move up to the TexMex division (Tier 1).
- Idaho won the Independents (Tier 3) with a 4-8 record and will move up to the Big 12.

Down:
- Arizona State was 3-9 in the TexMex Division (Tier 1) and will move down to the Big 12 (Tier 2).
- San Jose State was 1-11 in the Big 12 (Tier 2) and will move down to the Independents (Tier 3).

BIG 10:
Up:
- Temple finished ranked and as the Big East (Tier 2) Champion. They will be moved up to the Metro Division (Tier 1).

*This is where I didn't read the summary. Army finished the year ranked 24th overall. I figured based on their rank, they deserved a shot with the big boys. I should've put them in Tier 2, but didn't. Oops.*

- Army won the MAC (Tier 3) and was ranked 24th overall. THey were moved to the Metro Division (Tier 1).

Down:
- Rutgers, 3-9, moves down to the Big East from the Metro Division.
- UConn, 4-8, moves down to the Big East from the Metro Division.
- Akron doesnt win a single game and is moved to the MAC (Tier 3) from the Big East (Tier 2).

SEC:
Up:
- USF wins the ACC (Tier 2) and finishes ranked and moves up to the Swamp Division
- Florida Atlantic wins the Sun Belt (Tier 3) with an 8-4 record and moves up to the ACC (Tier 2).

Down:
- Florida, with a 4-8 record, moves down to the ACC (Tier 2)
- Kentucky has a miserable season and goes 3-9. They will move down from the ACC to the Sun Belt*

*This shocked me!

Notables:
- Penn State was given the death penalty and put in the MAC. They finished 3-9 in their first season.
- Akron went 0-12, Texas State went 0-12, UMass went 1-11.
- UCLA went 2-10 in the Pac-12 Coastal Division and is lucky that Texas Tech was a monster. They will remain in the Tier 1 Pac-12...for now.

Any questions, let me know. I'm bummed I screwed up the Army thing, but it'll work itself out in Season 3.

Nice summary...Yeah, Army will most certainly be moving down to Tier 2 where they belong
Old 08-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #75
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
In Year 2 there's ALOT of teams playing FCS teams. Is that due to moving conferences around?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #76
Rookie

Any word on if that new setup you were trying is any better aarnation8?
Old 09-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #77
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

Year 2 should be finished tomorrow. I will update the thread tomorrow. I debating on if I should just run a dynasty thread in dynasty hq.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #78
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

MWC Champion - Nebraska
Pac-12 Champion - TCU
Big 10 Champion - Maryland
SEC Champion - UNC

Major Bowls:
National Championship: Maryland over TCU
Sugar Bowl: Ole Miss over Eastern Michigan
Fiesta Bowl: Mizzou over Oregon State
Orange Bowl: Nebraska over Auburn
Rose Bowl: UNC over Oregon

Movement:

Mountain West Conference:
Up:
- #14 Mizzou (who moved down last year to CUSA) moves back up to the Plains Division (T1). Last year they were 3-9 in that division.
- #24 Kansas moves up to the Mountain Division (t1)
- Minnesota went 10-3 to win the WAC (T3) and will move up to C-USA (T2)

Down:
- Colorado State finished 2-10 and will move to C-USA (T2) due to a ranked Kansas
- Arkansas State finished 3-9 and will also move to C-USA (T2) due to Mizzou
- LA Tech went 4-8 and will move to the WAC (Tier 3).

Pac-12:
Up:
- Oregon State finished the year ranked #17. They will move up to the Coastal Division (T1)
- Fresno State fnished ranked #22. They will also move to the Coastal Division (T1)
- UTSA won the Independents (T3) and will move up to the Big 12 (T2).

Down:
- Both UCLA (3-8) and Cal (4-8) will move to the Big 12 due to two ranked teams leaping over them.
- Rice went 3-9 in the Big 12 (Tier 2) and will move down to the Independents (Tier 3).

BIG 10:
Up:
- Syracuse wont he Big East and will move up to the Metro (T1). The Big East was the only Tier 2 who did not have a ranked school at the end of the year
- Marshall went 9-4 to win the MAC (T3) and moves to the Big East (Tier 2)

Down:
- Boston College finished 3-9 in the Metro and will move to the Big East (T2)
- Western Michigan moves to the MAC (T3)

SEC:
Up:
- #23 Ole Miss moves up to the Swamp Division (T1)
- #20 FIU also moves up to the Swamp Division (T1).
- Troy wins the Sun Belt and moves up to the ACC
Down:
- Florida State (3-9) and USF (3-9) will move down to the ACC
- Wake Forest is 2-10 and will move to the Sun Belt

Notables:
- After accident moving Army to tier 1, they say "**** you" and go 5-7, ensuring that they stay in the Big 10 Metro Division
- UNLV, New Mexico State and San Jose State went 1-11, UMass 2-10, Wake Forest 2-10,
Old 09-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinster
Any word on if that new setup you were trying is any better aarnation8?
Sorry, I went on a bender because I am so happy Taylor Martinez learned how to pass.

The other setup hasn't been tested enough to actually get a firm "Recommendation" from myself, but it does have some value. I only have simmed a couple seasons so I have not seen the long lasting issues yet.

Setup 2
Same initial setup and rules for moving up and down, but different league structure. You change Tier 2 to 2 conferences, and add a 4th Tier and seperate independants.
Tier 1-Exact same
Tier 2-Just two conferences
You join the PAC and MWC into one, seperated by divisions obviously. And join the Big10 and SEC into another for the Tier 2 schools.
You split them 8 teams to a division and that division is tied to the TIer above. BOTH division winners would be like the original moving up and down, except that play a championship against each other. This leads to the conference champions being ranked higher than the ranked teams behind them in standings(a plus over original setup). They also play more games against similar talent with playing the opposite league a few games. Ranked teams still follow the exact same rules for moving up into thier "Tier 1 affiliation".
Tier 3-4 conference normal setup
Tier 4-1 conference(4 schools) The worst team from every tier 3 school. This is a one year punishment for sucking basically, but this also gives the school new life as they move back up to Tier 3 the next year automatically and all the schools play a lot of crappy schools so they get a bit of a boost going into the next year.
Independants-Army, Navy, and Air Force(or just 3 schools you don't care for)...this allows the independant to be just that, independant. Insures an extra Tier 4, and that all Tiers have a conference schedule.

This still seperates the Tier's recruiting prestige
Tier 1-6-25
Tier 2- 30-50
Tier 3- 60-100
Tier 4-100+

Cool thing about this is that the Tier 4 starts off terrible for those teams punished, but by the end of teh season thier prestige bumps usually ahead of 1 or 2 of the Tier 3 conferences. Gives an interesting dynamic for those schools who are forced to have a season in Tier 4, might actually help the really terrible schools have a better rebuilding process.

I haven't done too much testing on this setup but if it holds true, it could add a little more depth to the original. Only major problem I could see is that Tier 2 schools that were recently moved down have an easier time moving back up. With the conference games going from 7 to 10 causes a slip up or two for a good team, not damaging them for the year. It probably won't allow for as much variation as the original, where one loss in conference play means way more.

Make sure the bowl setup is still the 4 Tier 1 champs as "Any"
And then Make the Sugar and Fiesta(or whatever two you want) be the 4 Tier 3 champions facing each other. ALWAYS regenerate schedule to NO KNOWN GAMES EVERY SEASON.

Last edited by aarnation8; 09-03-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Year 2 should be finished tomorrow. I will update the thread tomorrow. I debating on if I should just run a dynasty thread in dynasty hq.

Keep it here, at least a basic summary. I'm too lazy to compare results on different pages

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »