Home

FCS Upset

This is a discussion on FCS Upset within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FCS Upset

In my dynasty, Western Kentucky upset Alabama 20-17. It was so unbelievably unrealistic that I quit my game I was playing, exited out of dynasty and re-loaded from my previous save (autosave was off). Every time I simulated the WKU-Alabama game though, the result was the same. It seems that perhaps scores are already pre-determined once you start a dynasty. The only way I could fix this was to play the game myself as Alabama and make sure I beat WKU.

Now, I'm not a 'Bama fan at all. I'm playing as SJSU in my dynasty. But the result of WKU beating The Tide in Alabama was so ridiculous and improbable that I had to do something about it.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4
Thumbs down Re: FCS Upset

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdawg0909
In my dynasty, Western Kentucky upset Alabama 20-17. It was so unbelievably unrealistic that I quit my game I was playing, exited out of dynasty and re-loaded from my previous save (autosave was off). Every time I simulated the WKU-Alabama game though, the result was the same. It seems that perhaps scores are already pre-determined once you start a dynasty. The only way I could fix this was to play the game myself as Alabama and make sure I beat WKU.

Now, I'm not a 'Bama fan at all. I'm playing as SJSU in my dynasty. But the result of WKU beating The Tide in Alabama was so ridiculous and improbable that I had to do something about it.
scores are determined when you advance the week, even if you select "SIM Game" it won't change, except for the few games that can change which appears to be random

the only thing you can do for this sort of thing is play the game on Heisman, pick the team you want to lose and supersim it

and hope it doesnt' crash
Old 07-19-2012, 09:55 PM   #11
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdawg0909

thats spooky Western Kentucky beat Alabama by the same exact score in my Dynasty also

In year 2 I seen a high ranked Michigan State team get destroyed by an unranked Southern Florida
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #12
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
it's actually not as bad as it was in NCAA 12, i've seen lower level schools get upset, think Minnesota, Duke, WSU (WSU was good with mike leach for a year then he left and i see him bounce around every year)

but there are alot more C level schools upsetting A level schools for studio updates
Something I know everyone will appreciate and not related to this post but entirely related to Mike Leach and his bouncing around - Tuberville left Tech for K-State after year one of my dynasty and one of the six candidates was Mike Leach - LOLZ.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #13
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

LSU was upset by north texas by 28 points 3 times i kept backing out and reloading it lol is was funny but it wasnt an fcs team sorry.

I saw one fcs team beat Buffalo once and eastern michigan every time they play one
Old 07-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
LSU was upset by north texas by 28 points 3 times i kept backing out and reloading it lol is was funny but it wasnt an fcs team sorry.

I saw one fcs team beat Buffalo once and eastern michigan every time they play one
Was the LSU/NTU game one that they kept doing Studio Updates for?
Old 07-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #15
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlmeyer
Was the LSU/NTU game one that they kept doing Studio Updates for?
nope it kept showing the stanford game or the michigan st vs boise state game every stinking time.

also we have 2 upset threads and instead of having them deleted maybe mods would combine them??? this could be a very good thread to talk about
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #16
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
nope it kept showing the stanford game or the michigan st vs boise state game every stinking time.

also we have 2 upset threads and instead of having them deleted maybe mods would combine them??? this could be a very good thread to talk about
A lot of people are talking of some games being pre-determined so the reason I asked is because if you watch the stuff the game does during it's "Advancing Week" period - it is setting up the Studio Updates. So there should be a good sized batch of games who's scores and stats are already determined.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »